200 series OEM shocks into an 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

this might sound dumb, but i have to ask. can this even work? couldn't find anything in the searches. there's a local guy here unloading 200 series shocks for cheap (removed from rigs that were armoured and needed suspension upgrades)

still have the factory set up with my 91 diesel 80 and the rears are nearing their end, 26 years later. lol.

predicate any help, or just a quick, "hell no, they won't work".

cheers

The rears might work. I recent helped a friend install a lift in his 200. As long as there is no sensors on them, there wasn't on his.

Last edited:
You're probably gonna have to be the guinea pig. Most just replace with an aftermarket shock. Or go OEM, they are very nice. The thought has never crossed my mind to put a 200 in though.

This is very very unlikely. The front IFS shocks like SmokingRocks mentioned are going to be half the travel of the solid axle shocks on the front of the 80. The travel comes from the longer lever arms of the IFS, so the travel is much less.

Way more headache than it would be worth. Stock 80 shocks aren't made of gold and there are plenty of relatively inexpensive aftermarket options for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom