200 Series 'Noise' HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more suspicion around incorrectly greasing the driveshaft and having it expand into the TC. Do you ever get the flashing center diff lock light on the dash? maybe a new TC under warranty wouldn't be the worst thing...
That means having a tech do major heart surgery on an otherwise from-the-factory vehicle.

I’d pass, unless the case is truly hosed.

You could complain to Toyota corporate (the 1-800 number). They seem to really disdain shady dealerships in their ranks. It definitely sounds like they were not making a good-faith effort to fix your truck.

I've had an AWD transfer case catastrophically disintegrate while driving before... If you needed a new transfer case, you wouldn't be able to drive it at all.

I bet it's the rotor and backing plate making contact intermittently. Also could be the rear ebrake shoes riding on the inner rotor if the springs or clips popped off. Best to recreate the issue and start figuring out what corner the noise is coming from.

Update: the noise has not come back. All seems good.

I did call Toyota. They did seem to genuinely care about the issue and said they would follow up, and that the dealer should call me within 24 hours.

They called about a week later and it was total BS rhetoric that I wasn't trying to hear.

At one point during the call, I mentioned the total lack of documentation or notation about the issue, etc. His defense was that there were other documents that specified exactly had been done, and I believe he did mention something about the tech adding grease. This is NOT what I was told before, I was told he did nothing. So I've asked for that documentation and they have yet to provide it. My guess is @radman is correct about them incorrectly greasing the shaft and now they want to hide the evidence.

ALSO: Did I mentioned they dented my tailgate while it was in their possession?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom