200 Series LED lighting upgrades (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you share how you replaced bulbs on the side entertainment ceiling console pretty please? Thank you

I am not sure which location you are asking for here? The 2013+ do not have the ceiling entertainment console with screen on the ceiling, they switched to individual screens on the backs of the front seats, the second row ceiling light is just a normal light housing with two small indents to get a tiny flat head screw driver or pry tool in there to pop the lens off. The side map lights are already LED from the factory so you are only replacing the center dome light.

@hblx570 so for the ceiling mounted entertainment system I take a really tiny precision flat screw driver and pop off the lens by getting into one of the corners. Find the tiniest flat precision screw you can find!

When you pop those off you’ll see the bulbs, just pull those bulbs out and replace with the LED bulbs. You can adjust the contacts on the bulbs so they are straight and then plug them in. If they don’t light up…unplug, rotate, and plug again

Let me know how it goes!

Also @RyanR thanks for your recommendation for the non ceiling mounted entertainment system!

-L

thank you!

The lights look great, thank you!

I (stupidly) used a metal screwdriver to pry out one of the puddle bulbs in the door and blew the fuse. I decided to go ahead and swap out all the puddle bulbs before I replaced the fuse, figuring that there was an outside chance I'd have them all oriented correctly but would probably have to turn some to the right alignment. After replacing the fuse, none of my puddle LEDs were working.

After checking the fuse a couple times and trying another one, still nothing.

Sure enough, I managed to install all four LEDs with the wrong polarity. Turned them all over and all is good!

@hblx570 so for the ceiling mounted entertainment system I take a really tiny precision flat screw driver and pop off the lens by getting into one of the corners. Find the tiniest flat precision screw you can find!

When you pop those off you’ll see the bulbs, just pull those bulbs out and replace with the LED bulbs. You can adjust the contacts on the bulbs so they are straight and then plug them in. If they don’t light up…unplug, rotate, and plug again

Let me know how it goes!

Also @RyanR thanks for your recommendation for the non ceiling mounted entertainment system!

-L
thank you Mr. David! your instructions are spot on for those with entertainment system that drops down and has lights on the side.

awesome product! now can figure a hid bulb that wont interfere with daylight headlght systems

fyi 2008 lx 570

I (stupidly) used a metal screwdriver to pry out one of the puddle bulbs in the door and blew the fuse. I decided to go ahead and swap out all the puddle bulbs before I replaced the fuse, figuring that there was an outside chance I'd have them all oriented correctly but would probably have to turn some to the right alignment. After replacing the fuse, none of my puddle LEDs were working.

Sure enough, I managed to install all four LEDs with the wrong polarity. Turned them all over and all is good!

Good stuff man! Yea it happens to the best of us lol

Ha, I think I only put one in the right way in the whole install (8 bulbs). They must be like weighted dice rigged out of our favor.

Ha, I think I only put one in the right way in the whole install (8 bulbs). They must be like weighted dice rigged out of our favor.
I put only one wrong. Should have bought a powerball tonight.

Anyway, I installed my kit today and am very pleased with the results. Color temperature and brightness was uniform across all wedge LED’s. LED strips for dome lights are super bright and I can now see/read stuff w/o squinting. Also, the color temperature matches the oem spot lights pretty good.
For those of you that are installing LED kit for the first time, just pop open the lens instead of removing the entire housing. Make sure you use a plastic prying tool and insert it in the tab locations (dark shaded lines about quarter inch long along the edges).
Lastly, reach out to @FullyLitLED should you guys have any questions. Great customer service, would highly recommend!

Warm white LED kit waiting list (Pre-2016)

From original thread:

Linuxgod - 2013 LC
dcs111 - 2013 LC
AtwoZ - 2010 LX570
NCNB - 2013 LX570
Fooness - 2014 LC
WiseInvestor - 2013 LC

From direct messages: (pending sorting)

BoringDriver - 2015 LX570
Chauffeur - 2009 LX570

No more wait time for standard white LED kits and hopefully soon for warm white LED kits :) PM me to order!

-L

Last edited:

Anyway, I installed my kit today and am very pleased with the results. Color temperature and brightness was uniform across all wedge LED’s. LED strips for dome lights are super bright and I can now see/read stuff w/o squinting. Also, the color temperature matches the oem spot lights pretty good.
For those of you that are installing LED kit for the first time, just pop open the lens instead of removing the entire housing. Make sure you use a plastic prying tool and insert it in the tab locations (dark shaded lines about quarter inch long along the edges).
Lastly, reach out to @FullyLitLED should you guys have any questions. Great customer service, would highly recommend!
Be careful on the puddle lights in the doors. The tab is on the side facing the truck, rather than at the top or bottom where you can see what looks like tabs through the lens. If it doesn't come out easy, then you aren't doing it right is a good rule of thumb for prying any of the lenses.

Be careful on the puddle lights in the doors. The tab is on the side facing the truck, rather than at the top or bottom where you can see what looks like tabs through the lens. If it doesn't come out easy, then you aren't doing it right is a good rule of thumb for prying any of the lenses.

I may write this in somewhere lol

Thank you for the kind words! Hope the 100 and 200 are all suited up to go!

-L

Warm white kits all paid, if paid by today it shipped it out earlier :)

No more waitlist, all in stock ready to ship!

Any interest in me providing red map lights? A lot of people used to use these for nice visible light without being seen from the outside as much

I just installed my set on the LX except for the rear side cargo light, the one with the switch. I don't see how the LED panel fits in the housing. I tried different fitting positions but nothing worked so I didn't install it. Also, how are you guys hiding the wires on the cargo area dome light. I tried to hide them but I can see the connector and wires through the plastic cover.

I just installed my set on the LX except for the rear side cargo light, the one with the switch. I don't see how the LED panel fits in the housing. I tried different fitting positions but nothing worked so I didn't install it. Also, how are you guys hiding the wires on the cargo area dome light. I tried to hide them but I can see the connector and wires through the plastic cover.
Rear side cargo light gets one of the 3 row LED. Cargo area dome gets the 4 row LED. 3 row one should fit just fine in the side cargo location.
I had the same question as you regarding seeing the connector and wires through the plastic and @FullyLitLED suggested I hide them behind the LED strip. I did just that and don’t see them anymore but the glue contact surface is now limited.
On a side note, my side cargo light doesn’t work for some reason. Any troubleshooting tips guys?

Rear side cargo light gets one of the 3 row LED. Cargo area dome gets the 4 row LED. 3 row one should fit just fine in the side cargo location.
I had the same question as you regarding seeing the connector and wires through the plastic and @FullyLitLED suggested I hide them behind the LED strip. I did just that and don’t see them anymore but the glue contact surface is now limited.
On a side note, my side cargo light doesn’t work for some reason. Any troubleshooting tips guys?
That side cargo light switch is pretty flimsy. You have to bend it back in place so that when the switch is flipped, it makes good contact and locks in place.

You should check if the LED panel is interfering with the flimsy switch mechanism. This is precisely what I'm referring to. The LED panel either doesn't fit or knocks out of place the switch. It doesn't take much to knock out the switch out of place.

You should check if the LED panel is interfering with the flimsy switch mechanism. This is precisely what I'm referring to. The LED panel either doesn't fit or knocks out of place the switch. It doesn't take much to knock out the switch out of place.
I had the same issue, and ended up not installing. Guess I should have mentioned it, just figured I was doing something wrong. I had mangled the contacts quite a bit to try to get it to work consistently, but failed. Took me a bit to get it back to where the regular bulb worked.

So 90% of the people who ordered had no issues with the installation of the cargo light, I think I should have mentioned that you have to compress that spring adapter all the way and then put the led panel afixed in a clear area (behind as stated above) is best. I installed two of these this week and had no problems, you guys think you can attempt it again?

I can post some pics tmrw if needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom