200 Series LED lighting upgrades (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
Threads
6/14/2021 RyanR will be testing and providing an unbiased review

6/15/2021 added photos to first post and in link below (taken behind a warehouse alley and random side road to minimize light and avoid exaggerated LED brightness in pitch black lighting)

—————————-

Hello,

I am looking for a 200 series owner who would be willing to do a test of my interior LED kit in their 200. I used to sell a lot of the 60, 80, 100, tacoma/4runner kits on mud with a lot of good reviews :) First one to reply in the thread and shoot me a PM gets first dibs on the free kit

I have been running the kit in a friend’s 200 and it has been working amazing, but! I need the UNBIASED third party review. The kit would be offered to the reviewer for free and the price of a beer (just kidding on the beer part but seriously just pay shipping)

I don’t need a writeup on the install, but just review the kit and put the before and after photos up.

this is a link to my previous LED 80 series review thread (shoutout to @CycloSteve , hope all is well with you man!)

also a link to the reviews people had about my LED kits:

I haven’t been heavily advertising the LED kits over the last couple years but I have still been selling them both on here and locally. Continuing to improve product and supplier source as well providing the most comprehensive kits for landcruisers :)

1CEA23F5-B95F-4778-B6BC-35F16AC5915B.jpeg

D92FADAD-0031-4764-B34E-04D1681DD3CA.jpeg

F39D5884-2950-471D-A85A-935D8C21A530.jpeg

8E80A7FA-8448-4886-8DAE-D1A76DCE4AAF.jpeg

C73AD7BB-54F2-4630-8A6F-D5B939A4002B.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are interested in a 2013 LX570 I would be happy to write up a review. Strangely just came to mud to look up LED's I had used previously and saw this thread.

Pm replied! Thank you for volunteering!

The early bird gets the worm, oh well. ;)

I have a 2018, and will need your led’s for my, 80 and 100.

If you have a warmer color option (something in the ~3000K range) as opposed to the bluish daylight (5000K) LED I'd be happy to test, though I won't have a chance to install until ~mid-August.

BTW it would be a really badass upgrade if someone made a 2-stage/dimmable LED upgrade... something which normally came on at regular brightness (so when you open the door you're not blinded), but could be triggered via a fob or maybe a bluetooth app to turn on full brightness if you're searching for something in the dark.

If you have a warmer color option (something in the ~3000K range) as opposed to the bluish daylight (5000K) LED I'd be happy to test, though I won't have a chance to install until ~mid-August.

BTW it would be a really badass upgrade if someone made a 2-stage/dimmable LED upgrade... something which normally came on at regular brightness (so when you open the door you're not blinded), but could be triggered via a fob or maybe a bluetooth app to turn on full brightness if you're searching for something in the dark.

The 2 stage thing is definitely something that is interesting! I’d like that also

as far as the warmer color option, that is an option and if the time comes and you want to test and review this kit, please let me know!

Last edited:
I’m
I would be down for a 3000k kit when it becomes available.... prefer 3000k over most LED 2700

What year is your 200 series? It will be available very soon, just waiting on the review/test

It is part of ensuring the satisfaction from the mud and landcruiser community :)

The 2 stage thing is definitely something that is interesting! I’d like that also

as far as the warmer color option, that is an option and if the time comes and you want to test and review this kit, please let me know!
If/when you have a warmer color option, yes I'm absolutely willing to test.

(if you have one I could try to test now, but I'd need to get installed by 6/26, otherwise it'll be after 8/9)

If/when you have a warmer color option, yes I'm absolutely willing to test.

(if you have one I could try to test now, but I'd need to get installed by 6/26, otherwise it'll be after 8/9)

I currently don’t have one to test but I am testing some of the warm white personally and I will reach out vis this thread and pm after the initial review by @RyanR is complete

thank you!

I currently don’t have one to test but I am testing some of the warm white personally and I will reach out vis this thread and pm after the initial review by @RyanR is complete

thank you!
Cool. PM works, or my gmail.com address is the same as my handle on the forum.

All the locations that need to be replaced in a 2013 200 series with entertainment system (Door puddle lights not pictured) Stay tuned!

View attachment 2704780

View attachment 2704783

View attachment 2704784

View attachment 2704785

View attachment 2704787
See those two holes by the “spot” buttons on the overhead console picture? They’re backlit in an LX and provide very nice subtle light at night. They’re not in a Cruiser…..do you sell anything that gives off very little light to be used in a Cruiser?

See those two holes by the “spot” buttons on the overhead console picture? They’re backlit in an LX and provide very nice subtle light at night. They’re not in a Cruiser…..do you sell anything that gives off very little light to be used in a Cruiser?

for those two spots I’d need to check an LX out. Maybe the wiring is available as an add on from toyota since alot of the stuff in the 200 is pre planned (ie the trailer/brake controller wiring)

let me get back to you on this!

Taking photos in pitch black exaggerates the brightness…too much daylight just pollutes the photo so I did the photos at a good time to show off the lights. Last teaser’s before the unbiased review is posted :)

parked on the side of the road and found a warehouse with no other light sources

75652EB3-ABC7-4F70-9055-EDD99B7A04B0.jpeg

C16795BD-D925-4328-9253-0D306A146708.jpeg

BB1C57DC-0DDE-4D6A-A6F7-8C211C6C3EF3.jpeg

35D0AE0B-F61F-4EAE-858E-E2456C4E38C2.jpeg

How much will kits be? I have typically replaced interior lights with LED's on my previous cars, but have not done so on the Cruiser yet since some of the interior lights are already LED. Would these replace all existing lights or only the non-LED bulbs?

what’s up man, I’m looking at it to be $52 shipped right now however there is a difference in lighting setups between the LX and LC models. Good thing is it is cheaper than the 100 series kits I offer and this is because the middle row dome/reading light combo is a smaller usable area in the 200. The panels I can fit in the 100 middle row are much larger. But yes, it is $52 for the exact configuration that I posted above which is 4 puddle lights, 2 front row reading lights, 2 mini dome light middle row, 2 reading lights middle row, and 1 full sized dome light in the rear. I am looking and working with others here on the variations between LC and LX 200 models

As far as replacing the bulbs, I would ideally want to replace all the factory bulbs so that the color of light matches throughout :)

the other color kits like warm white, red, blue, etc are slightly more pricy because I can’t order the items in bulk like I do the standard white LED. Demand is lower on the other colors but it will be offered sometime in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom