200 Series LED lighting upgrades (free kit with review) (1 Viewer)

Can you share how you replaced bulbs on the side entertainment ceiling console pretty please? Thank you

I am not sure which location you are asking for here? The 2013+ do not have the ceiling entertainment console with screen on the ceiling, they switched to individual screens on the backs of the front seats, the second row ceiling light is just a normal light housing with two small indents to get a tiny flat head screw driver or pry tool in there to pop the lens off. The side map lights are already LED from the factory so you are only replacing the center dome light.

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
@hblx570 so for the ceiling mounted entertainment system I take a really tiny precision flat screw driver and pop off the lens by getting into one of the corners. Find the tiniest flat precision screw you can find!

When you pop those off you’ll see the bulbs, just pull those bulbs out and replace with the LED bulbs. You can adjust the contacts on the bulbs so they are straight and then plug them in. If they don’t light up…unplug, rotate, and plug again

Let me know how it goes!

Also @RyanR thanks for your recommendation for the non ceiling mounted entertainment system!

-L

The lights look great, thank you!

I (stupidly) used a metal screwdriver to pry out one of the puddle bulbs in the door and blew the fuse. I decided to go ahead and swap out all the puddle bulbs before I replaced the fuse, figuring that there was an outside chance I'd have them all oriented correctly but would probably have to turn some to the right alignment. After replacing the fuse, none of my puddle LEDs were working.

After checking the fuse a couple times and trying another one, still nothing.

Sure enough, I managed to install all four LEDs with the wrong polarity. Turned them all over and all is good!

hblx570

SILVER Star
@hblx570 so for the ceiling mounted entertainment system I take a really tiny precision flat screw driver and pop off the lens by getting into one of the corners. Find the tiniest flat precision screw you can find!

When you pop those off you’ll see the bulbs, just pull those bulbs out and replace with the LED bulbs. You can adjust the contacts on the bulbs so they are straight and then plug them in. If they don’t light up…unplug, rotate, and plug again

Let me know how it goes!

Also @RyanR thanks for your recommendation for the non ceiling mounted entertainment system!

-L
thank you Mr. David! your instructions are spot on for those with entertainment system that drops down and has lights on the side.

awesome product! now can figure a hid bulb that wont interfere with daylight headlght systems

fyi 2008 lx 570

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
The lights look great, thank you!

I (stupidly) used a metal screwdriver to pry out one of the puddle bulbs in the door and blew the fuse. I decided to go ahead and swap out all the puddle bulbs before I replaced the fuse, figuring that there was an outside chance I'd have them all oriented correctly but would probably have to turn some to the right alignment. After replacing the fuse, none of my puddle LEDs were working.

After checking the fuse a couple times and trying another one, still nothing.

Sure enough, I managed to install all four LEDs with the wrong polarity. Turned them all over and all is good!

Good stuff man! Yea it happens to the best of us lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom