200 series fuel capacity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new to me 2014 LC200. I have fueled 3 times and it seems to take only 17 gallons. Yesterday I trickled it in to get it to 20. The cruising range had me at 15 miles, so I figured I would see 23 to 24 gallons. Anyone else see this? Thanks

When the low fuel indicator comes on, you have about 5 gallons left in the tank.

When the low fuel indicator comes on, you have about 5 gallons left in the tank.
I have not seen that light come on yet. Thanks. This is good to know I have been fueling when the gauge gets to E.

Toyota uses a different philosophy with “miles til empty” than most manufacturers. Toyota’s is at 0 miles before getting to the ~5Gal reserve.

Personally I halfway ignore the miles til empty unless I’m heading into no man’s land. Then when the light comes on I set the second trip meter and do the math from there based on expected mpg. For most of my trips this still gets me to a station with plenty of buffer.

I filled up with 21.95 gal a couple weeks ago.

“I never felt so ALIVE!”

In case anyone doesn’t remember the reference…

Totally different strokes for different folks. I think most I have ever put in was 18.5 gallons and most of time I am around 15 or less. I don't like sitting on road trips more than about 150 miles and I figure if going to stop and walk around might as well get gas. Around town I usually fill up between 1/2 and 1/4.

Totally different strokes for different folks. I think most I have ever put in was 18.5 gallons and most of time I am around 15 or less. I don't like sitting on road trips more than about 150 miles and I figure if going to stop and walk around might as well get gas. Around town I usually fill up between 1/2 and 1/4.
I think that is a lot safer solution to make a habit of 👌🏼
I got curious how far I could go recently. And I find a noticeable improvement with ethanol free premium. Otherwise, it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s premium, mid grade or standard. Typically from Costco.

Think of the tank in terms of fifths with only the top four fifths shown as quarters on the gauge. At the E mark you really have 1/5th left.

I think that is a lot safer solution to make a habit of 👌🏼
I got curious how far I could go recently. And I find a noticeable improvement with ethanol free premium. Otherwise, it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s premium, mid grade or standard. Typically from Costco.

The only issue with never pushing it is being in uncharted territory (for that person) in the event they need to.. it’s nice to have some confidence in how far you can go once that light turns on.

Not often needed with the configuration of fuel sources in the states but depending on what you do off-road or maybe want to save over a dollar a gallon by skipping a station in a mountain town it’s nice to know you can easily do those extra 30 miles.
Think of the tank in terms of fifths with only the top four fifths shown as quarters on the gauge. At the E mark you really have 1/5th left.

Great way of thinking about it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom