200 series 16+ screen delete (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a screen delete option other than trekboxx? Something better looking? Something more useful? Thanks in advance

I used this to cover the back of the passenger seat in our 16. It's perfect for radios, flashlights, and all kinds of random stuff. Unfortunately looks like it's out of stock right now.

I'm on the waiting list for when this one comes back in stock:

After I installed the screen delete covers, I installed the Toyota headrest tablet holders and added iPads for when family borrows the LC. Super useful and the holders can be slid apart in 1.5 seconds to get everything out of the way.

When I’m traveling with my dog (who is with me 98% of the time), i use a rear seat “hammock” for him that comes up to the front seat headrests. I’m still good with having the screen delete covers on the seat holes, but the hammock covers them too.

After I installed the screen delete covers, I installed the Toyota headrest tablet holders and added iPads for when family borrows the LC. Super useful and the holders can be slid apart in 1.5 seconds to get everything out of the way.

When I’m traveling with my dog (who is with me 98% of the time), i use a rear seat “hammock” for him that comes up to the front seat headrests. I’m still good with having the screen delete covers on the seat holes, but the hammock covers them too.
Would be really interested to see the Toyota headrest tablet holders in a LC if you have pictures. Looking to do something for our kiddos and haven't decided the best route since deleting the factory screens.

I 3D printers some covers and added a RAM mount to hold an iPad for the kids on road trips.

Probably not as pretty as the Trekbox ones but it was fun to design and fits my needs really well. The articulating arm lets me put the screen between the middle and right seat. I imagine the ram mount could work well with the Trekbox covers too.

0A16D1E1-06EA-4ED5-BEE2-8416D0BC9492.jpeg

154E0ECC-0CE7-497E-8533-82F5D22B7884.jpeg

3B4DB24E-01F2-4114-B8F1-86D6283DD00C.jpeg

Would be really interested to see the Toyota headrest tablet holders in a LC if you have pictures. Looking to do something for our kiddos and haven't decided the best route since deleting the factory screens.
See my post at #150 in this thread. There is a photo of the table mount on the headrest both with and without an iPad.

See my post at #150 in this thread. There is a photo of the table mount on the headrest both with and without an iPad.

Perfect. Thank you for that. Looks to be an iPad Pro 10.5? Which is also what I have. Could you say it it has room if that iPad had a case? Or is it just about maxed out on size?

Happy to take those screens off your hand. I need to tear into one to see if I can jigger it up to a 2015.

Perfect. Thank you for that. Looks to be an iPad Pro 10.5? Which is also what I have. Could you say it it has room if that iPad had a case? Or is it just about maxed out on size?
The iPad pro 10.5 fits fine in the headrest mount with an Apple case on it. Plenty of room. In fact, I also use my iPad with its case on a Toyota headrest tablet holder zip tied to my rowing machine. Works great :cheers: And, FYI, the headrest mount works fine with an iPad mini too. Very versatile.

I 3D printers some covers and added a RAM mount to hold an iPad for the kids on road trips.

Probably not as pretty as the Trekbox ones but it was fun to design and fits my needs really well. The articulating arm lets me put the screen between the middle and right seat. I imagine the ram mount could work well with the Trekbox covers too.

View attachment 2594006

View attachment 2594007

View attachment 2594011

nice !!

Could you please post the part numbers for the ram mount to hold the ipad? Thanks,

So 2 of the mount plates with balls that connect to the socket arm? One attached to the seat. One to the tablet holder?
Yep, that's right. I was thinking that the tablet holder came with the ball attachment but I just double checked my order and confirmed that I did in fact have to order 2 of the mount plates.

I have another question .. did you use one of the wires going to the OEM screen to power the iPad?

Can iPads be powered by USB ports?
I had the same thought. It's an absolute shame that the cover sold didn't utilize the power from the old monitor for a plug n play USB option.

I've seen some people have passed through the USB ports on the LX, but the 200 doesn't have them. I feel like in theory it would be possible to make a simple circuit that would pull off the wiring harness and power a USB port, but nobody has done it yet to my knowledge. I just bought a $2 USB port that plugs into the cigarette lighter in the back and I run a cable from the ipad when we're on long road trips. Not the cleanest but it works.

Is there a screen delete option other than trekboxx? Something better looking? Something more useful? Thanks in advance
There is currently no other option for the covers. The trekboxx covers are ridiculously overpriced. I'm hoping victory4x4 will come up with a different solution

Does anyone know the amps the OEM screen uses?

I would like to set up some USB connector their at 1,2,3 or 3.1 amps .. but do not know the max amps I can use with the OEM screen power wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom