200 on 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40s look massive!! Doesn't look like it used a bracket lift which is a good thing. Suspension looks rather normal. He comments lifting all the bumpers and armor which possibly means it largely uses a body lift to accommodate the larger tires.

You think more people will head in this direction (granted not 40's) but 35-37" as these vehicles get 20 years old and beyond?

Am I the only one that thinks it moved in the wrong direction? Look at the rear wheel wells. Nearly ZERO room for articulation. I can't tell from the pictures but the suspension looks to be bracketed. I didn't see any massive new spindles so not sure how they figured that out. By the sound of the engine, seems as though it wasn't regeared either.

The end shows a brief bit on the body lift, I didn't rewatch in slow mo, but it looks like 4 elastomers in there. So something like 4" of body lift . . .

I could say that about just as many tanks built here. But that's not that point. Each person builds to their wants and desires. That this guy is pushing the boundaries of the platform. Nothing wrong with that. Even if its just for strutting around.

With under axle clearance created by 40s, if the rest of the vehicle is developed and modified well, no reason it couldn't do the business. Does look to still have some too tight body clearances, particularly at the leading edge of the rear wheel well.

Yup, everyone has different goals for their rigs - build it and drive it - even if it never sees "off road" - the definition of "off road" is very different from person to person or even forum to forum...

Not much travel with these trucks either but it does the job for what they are building it for. Stupid to some and functional to some.

Someone has to be the first to show it could be done, now can it be done better/safer? Time will tell.

I think this Cruiser is pretty cool. As others have noted, I am curious about the clearance between the rear tires and lower fender wells by the rear doors. Also curious about the durability of the front drive axles/differential with this size tire. Overall, I really like it.

I agree nice to see variation. I always wish my tires were bigger. This looks like a beast making turns/u turns in it.

You think more people will head in this direction (granted not 40's) but 35-37" as these vehicles get 20 years old and beyond?

I did 35’s for two years...
Truck happier on 34’s.

I have some like-new 35x22.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers for sale if anyone isinterested. Nitto sent new ones and then I almost immediately went to 34’s so these 35’s are in crazy good shape. Still have the little stringy nubs on them...

Love it. ... once the 200 series has been replaced by the 300 Electric .. LOL . I would think bigger than 3.5 lift kits would be available for the 200 . I live on the east coast now , we got Sand, Mud and Pa coal hills .
I lived in Utah and California I and I had jeeps with full Genright suspension with R2.8 diesel conversions running 36” tires was perfect for climbing rocks and hills .
Now east coast its all slop out here , I built a monster suburban cummins 6bt , nv4500 custom frame and suspension was running 42”s great truck was offered stupid money for it and that went into the Land Cruiser .
Seems like most people think once you go bigger than 33”s you have ruined the land cruiser , if you build it right I don’t see that .
This link is closed but was taking notes .

That body has to be lifted off the frame some. That's alot of hockey pucks.

I think the since this guy fabricated his own rear bumper filler panels he could machine up some round aluminum blocks for a body lift , looks like he has some talent .
My biggest issue with body lifts is fan radiator must be dropped or replace with a electric setup , a lot os hack guys just cut the shroud at the bottom is not right .
Steering linkage , shifter , Gas or Diesel fill hoses and just about everything else should stretch .
I have machined up a set of blocks for a buddies 200 , made him 2.500 blocks out of aluminum , he’s still gathering parts basically going to do the BDS Tundra kit with Tundra arms just like the link I posted above , he wants 37’s .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom