200 N00b question - should I buy 2011 LC 230K miles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
100 series guy here, and I don't know much about the 200 world.

I have an opportunity to buy a stock white 2011 Land Cruiser, well maintained mechanically but interior just in fair condition. SoCal truck, owned by a guy who for sure took care of the routine maintenance.

230K miles. $20K.

I don't know the years/specs/differences (I know 2013+ preferred), and I don't know the relative price market for the 200s, things to stay away from, etc.

That said, this won't be a build rig (yet), but a welcome addition to my 2006 Land Cruiser rig and 2022 Tacoma TRD Off Road family.

I'm kind of thinking of getting this because of scarcity and I think its a good deal and a future build project.

Feedback ?

20k for a mechanically solid 200 of any year sounds like a great deal, personally. 230k wouldn’t scare me away at that price.. depending on intended use.

I have an '08 with 250k and a mild build that I wouldn't let go for 20k. As long as the interior issues aren't bad enough to scare you away, it sounds like a decent deal.

As wild as it looks on paper that is a good deal lol.

FYI Interior pieces for the 200/LX are not cheap and some are already discontinued. Leather is almost impossible to get aftermarket.
But you have a 100 so nothing new there.

You have an '06 which is the cream of the US 100 series crop. The 200 is like every other series, different but awesome. It will be great at that price and mileage point. You could sell it for more if you hated it (which you won't). Good luck!

I have a 2009 with 232k.
I don’t worry about breaking down, but I have done a lot of maintenance/ repair to make it that way. I suspect you’ll spend a couple grand o getting it just right.
20k a good price in this market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom