1st gen 200 grille now available (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No movement. Haven’t sold much of anything the last 3 months. Once I get enough orders, then I will have the 200 cut along with the others.

Good to know about the different models. I will keep that in mind. My grille options will look different than that one. Any style on my website could be made into the 200 grille.

Can’t wait to see the actual thing, especially the one with the light cutouts. Been wanting to add some lights but there’s no way to mount them on the stock bumper

That’s a very nice neighborhood in the Philippines. 3 LCs and a Denali parked in the street, I’m guessing Makati?

Thanks! It’s actually in Quezon City

All the parts are being laser cut now, finally. Soon I will have the grille and 7” round headlight conversion housings for test fitting. I’m quite confident that the headlight housings will be all jacked up and need adjustments because they are complexly bent :bang: hopefully I get lucky and all this stuff looks awesome and fits perfect!:D

Here’s the stuff. Grille will most likely fit this time. Headlight housing parts fit together really well, that’s a good sign. I had one issue with the turn signal housing, but hopefully I can work that out today. Ready for test fit.

580BB579-B70D-44A1-8386-DDD46660FD51.jpeg

Here’s the stuff. Grille will most likely fit this time. Headlight housing parts fit together really well, that’s a good sign. I had one issue with the turn signal housing, but hopefully I can work that out today. Ready for test fit.

View attachment 2044090
Looking awesome Kelly, Let me know when you want me to head up North :)

Everything fit pretty good. Grille fit nicely. Headlights were a good fit too. The turn signal is going to be redesigned though, we had a better idea.

6C1EA815-28B3-49D6-BE04-4BE80F2A9229.jpeg
5D8DB4D3-64B0-4AD4-940A-5C99B4A03934.jpeg

I'm interested too.

No updates. Lost momentum and I am very busy. I have not had much interest in the 1st gen 200 grille. Many people have asked about the late gen 200, but I have not even looked at that yet. Not sure when I will get this wrapped up, but I am 95% done, so the next time I build it, it will be final.

No updates. Lost momentum and I am very busy. I have not had much interest in the 1st gen 200 grille. Many people have asked about the late gen 200, but I have not even looked at that yet. Not sure when I will get this wrapped up, but I am 95% done, so the next time I build it, it will be final.

One thought/suggestion:

Keep it simple.
Just the grill.
Honestly think there will be more interest in a grill-only design rather than stretching to light surrounds.

I was actually looking at my light housing today and reminded me about all that is going on in that spectrum of visibility, photometrics, reflection, and spectrum curvature. I most likely made up that last term but my headlights are completely fine. The high beams are fantastic on the 1st 200, tbh. Regular is regular. Floods are floods. I am okay with all that. I am interested in a grill that is rigid and says "TOYOTA" on it. Let's do that.

The headlights can be purchased separately from the grille. It makes no difference in the grille design, just another option for some people. The ability to buy many varieties of high quality 7” round headlights has been extremely appealing to the 80 and 100 crew. Not for everyone of course, but a good option to have.

Honestly, the grille is done. I have the CAD files updated with the latest changes, and the fit is very good. I just didn't want to sell them until I bolt one on a vehicle, painted and complete so that I can show everyone. Once I do that, I will fit the headlights at the same time.

Traveling to the test fit vehicle is never easy, it eats up most of my day. So, I will do them all together. Hopefully not much longer, before next year I will guess. My spare designing time has been invested in the LX 470 headlights and grille. That has been a pain.

Glad to hear there is some interest in this, and thank you all for the advise.

Question ... Can the Radar be moved?

I Moved my Camera easily.

Question ... Can the Radar be moved?

I Moved my Camera easily.
I don’t know really. That is why I haven’t done anything with the second gen 200. I know the first gen also has that stuff, but that is beyond my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom