1st gen 200 grille now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kelly,
Since it's all CNC laser cut, it seems to me that you *could* incorporate a cutout for the 2013+ models with the radar cruise control sensor so the grill doesn't block it. Once you figured out the location and size, it'd just be another file, right? (Assuming you are building-to-order/JIT). Ditto for the camera?

(I have an '08, so I don't know where the sensor and camera are located).

Kelly,
Since it's all CNC laser cut, it seems to me that you *could* incorporate a cutout for the 2013+ models with the radar cruise control sensor so the grill doesn't block it. Once you figured out the location and size, it'd just be another file, right? (Assuming you are building-to-order/JIT). Ditto for the camera?

The camera is located within the Toyota emblem, I believe... But I have an ancient 2008...so :meh:

Edit: Emphasis on the “ :meh: “ since I was promptly corrected. :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Nope. The camera is located below the sombrero.

Ah.

I must be thinking of another vehicle.. I remember seeing a lens embedded in the emblem...which always struck me as a really bad idea.

Maybe this:
27833AFC-42F7-445A-A3EE-72E70B5989F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Kelly,

Yes, that would work. I am just worried about liability if someone crashed or something. I do want to design the 16+ someday, and Ben said I could use his, but I would have to get up to Northern CA. I will get this 1st gen 200 grille out and see how that goes first, then explore the newer model and the camera and radar deal. Right now I am wrapped up with a lot of new designs, and no time.:confused:
Yes, 16lbs is a guess, probably heavier though. Its all 12 gauge steel.

Grille test fit was a success. Will be laser cutting the final prototype soon and test fit, because there were some adjustments to be made. Also, I made 7" round headlight conversion housings. The parts are all fit but I need to load them up in CAD files, and get that stuff cut too and test fit. It looked really nice though to see a 200 with round headlights! The corner marker has its own bolt-on housing that can hold lights. Haven't decided what lights yet though.

Any updates or photos?
Nothing ready yet. Its all loaded up in a file ready to cut. Just need to get some more orders so I can have everything cut all at once.

Pics on the 200?

Interested in the round headlights and possibly the grille.... U mentioned needing more orders before you can have everything cut but I'm not sure how to order something with no pictures or anything to know what I'd be ordering. Am I missing something maybe?

Interested in the round headlights and possibly the grille.... U mentioned needing more orders before you can have everything cut but I'm not sure how to order something with no pictures or anything to know what I'd be ordering. Am I missing something maybe?
Sorry, I am the Village Idiot. I should explain things better. Once I get enough orders of other grilles that I already sell (100, 80, 60 series) then I can include this 200 prototype on the same sheet with all the other orders. I have 4x10 sheets cut, so once it’s filled with parts then I can have it cut. It takes a while.

Sorry, I am the Village Idiot. I should explain things better. Once I get enough orders of other grilles that I already sell (100, 80, 60 series) then I can include this 200 prototype on the same sheet with all the other orders. I have 4x10 sheets cut, so once it’s filled with parts then I can have it cut. It takes a while.

Oohhhh... That totally makes sense. Sorry I just wasn't following. So I'll just keep an eye out on here for when you're able to get some prototypes cut. Thanks for the explanation!

Saw this in my neighborhood. I’m guessing the finished product will look similar to this?

You might also want to check fitment between ‘08-‘11 and ‘13-‘15. The ‘13-‘15 grille will not clip onto the ‘08-‘11 bumper and vice versa.

BEBCE335-365A-4017-91F1-5B4C929EAB9F.jpeg

Any movement on this?
No movement. Haven’t sold much of anything the last 3 months. Once I get enough orders, then I will have the 200 cut along with the others.
Saw this in my neighborhood. I’m guessing the finished product will look similar to this?

You might also want to check fitment between ‘08-‘11 and ‘13-‘15. The ‘13-‘15 grille will not clip onto the ‘08-‘11 bumper and vice versa.

View attachment 2004354
Good to know about the different models. I will keep that in mind. My grille options will look different than that one. Any style on my website could be made into the 200 grille.

View attachment 2004354

That’s a very nice neighborhood in the Philippines. 3 LCs and a Denali parked in the street, I’m guessing Makati?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom