1st gen 200 grille now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
PM me if you are interested.

Important: this is not built to accommodate the radar or camera.

There are many air flow and emblem options. Custom light openings are also optional. Any style of grille on my website can be made in this model. Check out website for more examples, and prices.

www.landcruisergrilles.com
361C3AA1-F518-4DD3-A7F9-1A545C6EE22A.jpeg
B61EA7F4-136A-4F8B-801F-D25DD92EA1B3.jpeg
CBC772F5-425E-4B96-B557-93F4EA1FBCA4.jpeg

Last edited:
Safe to assume the radar sensor won’t work thru this?

That is the issue, the radar sensor. I would be happy to create a location for it, but wouldn't guarantee that it would function properly. That would be up to the buyer to make sure it is adjusted properly. What year did they begin offering that? I kinda figured it was only on the 16+ but I am not that familiar with the 200. Looks like that began in 2011?

That is the issue, the radar sensor. I would be happy to create a location for it, but wouldn't guarantee that it would function properly. That would be up to the buyer to make sure it is adjusted properly. What year did they begin offering that? I kinda figured it was only on the 16+ but I am not that familiar with the 200. Looks like that began in 2011?

My 2013 has a radar sensor.

Love where you’re going with this. But, If you are able to incorporate something like this into the product (ABS plastic grille panel) it would broaden your market, because (IMHO) some folks may not want to give up their cruise control. I placed a relatively small metal Toyota emblem on my black plastic after market grille and it disabled the cruise radar, hence its whole function. At first I didn’t mind, but after a while it bothered me enough to get the plastic badge.

That all said, if it’s bad a*#, I may forgo the cruise once again :)

Universal Black ABS Plastic Racing Hex Mesh Honeycomb Grill Spoiler Bumper Vent Amazon product ASIN B01F42NW08

The '13+ LC had radar cruise.
If you make a mounting provision for the sensor, it may work fine through the honeycomb.
Keep in mind there's some gear behind the grill that you'll need to clearance for if your mounting big ass lights in the grill.

Thanks everyone. I will look into the radar thing, im sure it can be done.

All my parts are 12 gauge steel, that's just all I work with. If this will work for some vehicles, then cool. If not that's ok too. The light openings are just an example, but thanks!

How about using perforated polycarbonate or PVC sheet instead of 12ga steel? Send your .dxf to any waterjet place, and it will be fast and cheap, compared to the steel you have to deburr and Powdercoat.

How about using perforated polycarbonate or PVC sheet instead of 12ga steel? Send your .dxf to any waterjet place, and it will be fast and cheap, compared to the steel you have to deburr and Powdercoat.
Thanks for the suggestion, it’s a good idea. I only use 12 gauge steel though. I build all my grilles from 12 gauge, as I want them to be tough. Not really interested in using plastic. Perhaps I will consider it for the front bolt on panel if this progresses further though. I could keep the steel frame. Thanks!

Yep, find a way to mount the front emblem/radar/front camera of the 13+ and it’s a definite buy for me. No mount = definitely no buy. Many will pass the same I assume. It’s just another cutout, should be that much more work. I’m not willing to give up functionality for looks.

Yep, find a way to mount the front emblem/radar/front camera of the 13+ and it’s a definite buy for me. No mount = definitely no buy. Many will pass the same I assume. It’s just another cutout, should be that much more work. I’m not willing to give up functionality for looks.
I would feel the same way. We are looking into the option of using the sensor and camera on the newer models. If it doesn’t work out, then these will only be for the models before that. Will update here as the progress continues.

I'll fall in line with these guys. The radar cruise on my '14 is one of my fav features, especially on long trips. If you get that solved then I'm definitely interested.

I'll fall in line with these guys. The radar cruise on my '14 is one of my fav features, especially on long trips. If you get that solved then I'm definitely interested.
I understand, Im happy to make this work. I'm sure it won't be too difficult from what we have been looking at so far. I am just concerned with the liability of the whole thing.

Parts were cut for prototype and I built it last night. I had to tweak a few things with my parts, made adjustments and it fits great. I don’t have any pictures to show yet, as I only built a frame and face frame to fit and adjust. I will make new CAD files based of these parts and cut a new complete grille for photos. Might take a while though.

Parts were cut for prototype and I built it last night. I had to tweak a few things with my parts, made adjustments and it fits great. I don’t have any pictures to show yet, as I only built a frame and face frame to fit and adjust. I will make new CAD files based of these parts and cut a new complete grille for photos. Might take a while though.

Is there any provision for mounting the camera found on 2013's?

TIA

Is there any provision for mounting the camera found on 2013's?

TIA
We have been discussing options for the camera, but I am not moving forward with that yet until I see how this first one goes. Also, I am a bit worried about the liability issue building a grille for a vehicle that has the camera and radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom