200 favorite Rock Sliders (1 Viewer)

what are the best rock sliders for the 200?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could be wrong but believe the LX had illuminated running boards and the LC did not.
I believe this is right. Not sure if late model LCs had any sort of approach light.

If you have a light that turns on when you get near the truck, that would be best option. I know I’ve read about Ed Martin doing a custom install with a dimmer circuit with a timer on it. But not exactly sure of the details.

nice

I'm still debating the 0 deg vs angled. I have 3 kids but looks like the angled is still a good step
How do you like the angled.
shipping was $150 to Pasadena....drive time is 4 hours round trip....
When they are ready I may try to drive out and get them and just install them there and head off to a trip to save the shipping costs...

also debating the top plate.
I ordered diamond plate for now in the rear only but kind liking the dimpled too....
I like your planning thought process but these are not a install in a few hours and be done type of sliders. If I can help with your prep my suggestion is to take a few drill bits, sharpener, and oil as the LC frame is tough to get through. I highly recommend a corded drill with the amount of holes you need to drill.

Even living in Denver to save on shipping I couldn't go with Slee as I wanted kickouts. I tried to convince myself but passed. I have small kids and previously had a kickout on the Tacoma (BAMF bolt-on, no top plate, and angled) and they can save a quarter panel. This time I went 0 degree, kickout, and full top plate from WK. They are stout and beyond happy with them.

What's a good fuse to tap to trigger the LEDs under the sliders? From slee: The LED Light kit is wired into the existing circuit for the running board lights if vehicle is so equipped. The shop that installed my sliders used a source only triggered when the driver door is opened.

Does the LC200 come equipped with illuminated running boards?
No, the 200 does not. If adding rock lights, you will need to run power, some type of relay and tap into a trigger. For the newer 200's, you can tap into the blue wire on the under dash light on drivers side. It’s the light that is in the hush panel above the brake pedal. Eric Sargeant provide this info to me a few years back, that's what they used on their installs.

The lx has entry lights on the oem steps. I had big plans to port over to my sliders, but they’re still in a box.

How much would a quality shop charge to install sliders? I'm looking at either Slee or Metal Tech. Not including the actual cost of sliders or freight. Just labor.

PM sent

I cracked one of the side steps on my LX570 this weekend, which isn’t a big deal as I was planning on getting sliders at some point anyway, just wasn’t planning to get them so soon.

I was going to go Bud Built, as I like their strength, the diamond plated angled sliders with the kickout but it seems they don’t work for the LX. Did a bit of research and analysis below. Can anyone confirm the WKOs fit the LX570? If so, I think that is the direction I will go. Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts and suggestions.

My options seem to be:
Metal Tech: Metal-tech 4x4 Lexus LX570 Sliders - https://metaltech4x4.com/metal-tech-4x4-lexus-lx570-sliders/
Strong, tube style but has some usability as a step.
Expensive, not angled and don’t seem like they are great as a step which is helpful for my Mother.

Slee: SLEE- Formed SliderSteps - '08+ Land Cruiser / LX 570 - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1329/
Great as a step. $1k less than Metal Tech
Apparently not as strong and no kickout

TKO: Store 2 — TKO Fabrication - https://www.tkofabrication.com/lx570
Strong, tube style and cheaper at $950
No step

Victory 4x4: Land Cruiser Rock Sliders | Blitz | 200 Series & Lexus LX 570 (08-21) - Victory 4x4 - https://www.victory4x4.com/product/V200SL-BL.html
Don’t look to be tube style, not sure if formed. Some functionality as a step
Not angled, no kickout, reasonably priced as they are on sale at $1,019 at present

CBI: LX570 Rock Sliders | 2019-2021 - https://cbioffroadfab.com/product/lx570-rock-sliders-2019-2020-2/
Not tube style, not sure if formed. Great as a step
Not angled, no kickout. Not sure if they fit an 09 LX

WKO: Toyota 200 Series Land Cruiser Rock Sliders - White Knuckle Off Road Products - https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/toyota-200-series-land-cruiser-rock-sliders/
Strong and choice of strength with DOM or HEW, Angled, w/ kickout and dimpled steps. Also, very reasonably priced.
Do they fit an LX? This thread says no, however they have an LX570 pictured with their sliders in the link above.

Dissent: sold out

Do they fit an LX? This thread says no, however they have an LX570 pictured with their sliders in the link above.
I don't see an LX in those pictures. I don't believe WKOs work with LX, but i could be wrong.

I think if strength is your primary concern, Metal Tech is the way to go.

If it's more about price, i suspect the TKO work, and probably would get you the closest to the WKO option. I've seen multiple versions of the TKO, so i think a phone call can get you pretty much any design you want. I'm not sure if anything changed, but i believe the TKO rely only on the mounts from the AHC protection bars to fit. This probably makes for a streamlined install, but also possibly not as strong as some of the other options (that's more of a gut feeling though rather than a truthful statement).

Slee of course is the middle road, they look good, probably aren't as strong as beefiest options here and pricewise land somewhere in the middle to upper end.

I don't think I've seen any posts here with installed Victory sliders. They look pretty good, i probably would have considered them if they had been out before I ordered the Slee steps. The interesting difference with them, is they cover the entire area from wheel well to wheel well. Most other options do not because they are accounting for the dip in the LC rocker panel.

I cracked one of the side steps on my LX570 this weekend, which isn’t a big deal as I was planning on getting sliders at some point anyway, just wasn’t planning to get them so soon.

I was going to go Bud Built, as I like their strength, the diamond plated angled sliders with the kickout but it seems they don’t work for the LX. Did a bit of research and analysis below. Can anyone confirm the WKOs fit the LX570? If so, I think that is the direction I will go. Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts and suggestions.

My options seem to be:
Metal Tech: Metal-tech 4x4 Lexus LX570 Sliders - https://metaltech4x4.com/metal-tech-4x4-lexus-lx570-sliders/
Strong, tube style but has some usability as a step.
Expensive, not angled and don’t seem like they are great as a step which is helpful for my Mother.

Slee: SLEE- Formed SliderSteps - '08+ Land Cruiser / LX 570 - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1329/
Great as a step. $1k less than Metal Tech
Apparently not as strong and no kickout

TKO: Store 2 — TKO Fabrication - https://www.tkofabrication.com/lx570
Strong, tube style and cheaper at $950
No step

Victory 4x4: Land Cruiser Rock Sliders | Blitz | 200 Series & Lexus LX 570 (08-21) - Victory 4x4 - https://www.victory4x4.com/product/V200SL-BL.html
Don’t look to be tube style, not sure if formed. Some functionality as a step
Not angled, no kickout, reasonably priced as they are on sale at $1,019 at present

CBI: LX570 Rock Sliders | 2019-2021 - https://cbioffroadfab.com/product/lx570-rock-sliders-2019-2020-2/
Not tube style, not sure if formed. Great as a step
Not angled, no kickout. Not sure if they fit an 09 LX

WKO: Toyota 200 Series Land Cruiser Rock Sliders - White Knuckle Off Road Products - https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/toyota-200-series-land-cruiser-rock-sliders/
Strong and choice of strength with DOM or HEW, Angled, w/ kickout and dimpled steps. Also, very reasonably priced.

Dissent: sold out
On WKO's website there are 5 reviews and one of the reviews said the following - "The rock sliders are great. They aren’t made to fit the LX570. But my friend and I made it work. Just had to move one mount and reweld."

Might be worth a call to WKO.

don’t seem like they are great as a step

The MT LX slider is a great step. The install is difficult and the sliders are heavy and costly. They offer very good protection. I've seen Slee and Budbuilt sliders in person too, and agree with @lx200inAR comments re: TKO design, particularly the brackets not catching the underside of the frame. It makes for an easy install though.

Disclaimer: I participated with MT on the test fit, so am biased on this product.

So here's my two cents on true Rock sliders. I was torn between the White Knuckle and the bud built. Luckily I went with Bud built and I'm impressed !!and I do fabrication work....as a hobbie..The instructional video and the mount system they use is impressive!
Great design!!
I think that all of them are pretty well made... but these definitely would be for a heavy duty application in my opinion

On WKO's website there are 5 reviews and one of the reviews said the following - "The rock sliders are great. They aren’t made to fit the LX570. But my friend and I made it work. Just had to move one mount and reweld."

Might be worth a call to WKO.
Thank you for this info which I clearly missed! I called WKO and they are getting back to me. It appears the one LX owner who installed their sliders had to relocate the rear most mounting bracket.

It might be an option for WKO to send all brackets welded, minus the rear most bracket for a shop to custom mount and weld. I like this as opposed to cutting the Mount off and having to custom mount after the fact. I am on the EC so pretty much as far as I could be from WKO unfortunately as they were game to explore installation. They seem like a great family run shop that wants to go the distance to make things work and make sure you have the info you need.

I also asked if they knew if any other manufacturers’ AHC protection would work, as well as any suggestions on skids that work best with their sliders. Hoping to hear back tomorrow.

As much as I try to like and/or want another make of slider I still can't help myself from desiring a set from Slee. To me they are the classic/iconic looking slider for the Land Cruiser. I know there are stronger designs, better designs for deflecting trail rash and random parking lot doors, better values in regards to pricing and much more, but for me the Slee is still the one I find myself staring at on the regular.

I went with Slee since I got a great deal from them from a forum member brand new. I like the since they're sleek, look great, built well, function like they should against rocks and would not hesitate to get them again. However if I could buy it again I'd probably get one with a bump out in the rear. I access my roof a lot because I have a Thule box up there that I'll use for my camp gear and skis/snowboards. Having a bump out would be great especially in the winter time to get to my roof when it's snowing, icy, and I'm wearing big clumsy snowboard boots. Just something to consider if you have a roof load.

Thank you for this info which I clearly missed! I called WKO and they are getting back to me. It appears the one LX owner who installed their sliders had to relocate the rear most mounting bracket.

It might be an option for WKO to send all brackets welded, minus the rear most bracket for a shop to custom mount and weld. I like this as opposed to cutting the Mount off and having to custom mount after the fact. I am on the EC so pretty much as far as I could be from WKO unfortunately as they were game to explore installation. They seem like a great family run shop that wants to go the distance to make things work and make sure you have the info you need.

I also asked if they knew if any other manufacturers’ AHC protection would work, as well as any suggestions on skids that work best with their sliders. Hoping to hear back tomorrow.
Let me know how this goes. I have the slee sliders but would really prefer a tube slider. I had never heard of TKO, but after looking at pictures, looks like they don't stick out far enough to be functional for me. That's my primary gripe with slee is that they only stick out far enough to help with rocker protection, but not door/fender/quarter protection IMO.

My stepdad got white knuckle sliders on his 4runner many years ago on my recommendation, and after spending a weekend in his truck, that is exactly what I want for my LX. If I had an LC, Budbuilt looks good too, but fitment definitely would not work on an LX. The way they mount up you'd pretty much have to remove the entire AHC system.

Let me know how this goes. I have the slee sliders but would really prefer a tube slider. I had never heard of TKO, but after looking at pictures, looks like they don't stick out far enough to be functional for me. That's my primary gripe with slee is that they only stick out far enough to help with rocker protection, but not door/fender/quarter protection IMO.

My stepdad got white knuckle sliders on his 4runner many years ago on my recommendation, and after spending a weekend in his truck, that is exactly what I want for my LX. If I had an LC, Budbuilt looks good too, but fitment definitely would not work on an LX. The way they mount up you'd pretty much have to remove the entire AHC system.
I went through this exact scenario last year. Slee just didn't provide enough protection for me and they are local. Couldn't do it. Wanted the kickout, extra quarter panel protection and a step for my kids, and WKO had them. I had Demello sliders with kickouts on my Tacoma and all it took was one rock hitting the kickout previously and I was sold on that design going forward for protection. Depending on where you are located in CO we could meet up and you can view them first hand.

I went through this exact scenario last year. Slee just didn't provide enough protection for me and they are local. Couldn't do it. Wanted the kickout, extra quarter panel protection and a step for my kids, and WKO had them. I had Demello sliders with kickouts on my Tacoma and all it took was one rock hitting the kickout previously and I was sold on that design going forward for protection. Depending on where you are located in CO we could meet up and you can view them first hand.

So you got the White Knuckle sliders and modified them to fit an LX570? Or do you have a LC? I'm in Arvada and would definitely like to take a peek if you've got them on a Lexus.

So you got the White Knuckle sliders and modified them to fit an LX570? Or do you have a LC? I'm in Arvada and would definitely like to take a peek if you've got them on a Lexus.
I see your angle. Sorry, they are on a LC but was offering up to look at the mount points on mine and compare to your LX570 to figure out the level of effort to make them work for you. I'm in H. Ranch.

Has anyone used the Slee AHC protection with other sliders?

I am thinking if I can get the White Knuckle Offroad sliders to work with the Slee AHC protection I will have great protection with angled kickout sliders.

Similar question, if i go full slee underbelly with ahc guards, will dissent sliders interfere?

I wont like the look of tubes on my ‘17 LX and won’t ever rock crawl, and would like to keep as steppy of a step as i can for mom.

Any input for slee vs dissent on LX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom