200,000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.employees.org
Today my '98 UZJ100 hit 200,000 mile mark on Higway 5 going to Sacramento. Bought the cruiser brand new in '98 and plan to keep it for life...
200K-mile-uzj100.jpg

Congratulations on your milestone! Pun intended.

When I was younger (and more foolish) I used to do this stupid thing where I'd try to take a picture of the odo at exactly 100k with the spedo at 100 MPH. It's harder to do than it sounds. But carrying on with my tradition, you should have been going 200 mph!

Congrats! I am about to turn over 180K on my 2000 LC. I just had my 90K service done last week! Like you, bought mine new and plan to keep it for a long time to come.

Congratulations on your milestone! Pun intended.

When I was younger (and more foolish) I used to do this stupid thing where I'd try to take a picture of the odo at exactly 100k with the spedo at 100 MPH. It's harder to do than it sounds. But carrying on with my tradition, you should have been going 200 mph!

Now we have this thing called a video camera which makes it a lot easier to get the shot. ;)

Congrats! I am about to turn over 180K on my 2000 LC. I just had my 90K service done last week! Like you, bought mine new and plan to keep it for a long time to come.

Were you on the original timing belt?

Now we have this thing called a video camera which makes it a lot easier to get the shot. ;)

Ha! Back in the day I was still using film!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH he just called you out, Dennis! :D:D:D

I have 263k on my LX470, went to the car wash last week and a guy in a '98 LC had 298 on his.

238k on my wifes! And counting.
Just got back from a marriage retreat up in Idyllwild (CA), and had 2 feet of snow.
God Bless LandCruisers and all wheel/4 wheel dirve!
It had a slight up hill incline and people were slipping and sliding trying to get out of the camp we were in. I just locked the dif and center and motored out!

Last weekend at the grocery store, a guy pulled up next to me and practically sprinted up to tell me about his 2003 LC. 334,000 miles!! All highway. 125,000 on his current set of Michelins. Also told me about getting rear ended at a stop light by a drunk sorority girl who didn't slow down at all. Totaled her sedan, cracked the tupperware on his bumper. The cop said " how bout those land cruisers ?".

No, this was my second timing belt change.

:steer:

Nice! I need to get my 200k pic uploaded too! We should have a dedicated thread for these. :idea:

Well that's what happens when you go on a hiatus from the board. :hillbilly:

208,000mi for my second timing belt. It needed a lot of other stuff then too. Just because it'll keep going forever doesn't mean it'll keep going forever for free.

Congrats all you guys on your high mileage and it speaks volumes of the 100 Cruiser and the UZ. Mine does not have this many but me and my dad have a pact that I will keep our vehicle forever Like him. I really feel that my 07 I got recently is going to be my last one for a long time barring any real unforeseen circumtances. His is a mid 90s Citroen XM diesel which he bought new and has over 300000 km on it and I recently repaired is sun roof for him (electrical stuff. He will never sell it. The suspension in it is quite similar to the ahc in my LX which I think ist the best thing since sliced bread. Take that you fans of coils and shocks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom