2 Windshield Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All-
Im using an insurance company approved glass shop to replace my cracked windshield.

Ive read multiple windshield replacement threads and understand that I should provide an OEM weatherstrip (part# 56121-60060) and the adhesive should be urethane based. However, I still have 2 questions:

1) Ive seem many a thread where it is recommended that the adhesive be applied to both the weatherstrip-to-frame seam as well as the weatherstrip-to-glass seam. However, my '94 FSM mentions nothing about applying adhesive to the weatherstrip-to-glass seam. I have a '94. I have seen pages from a '97 FSM and they clearly state that the adhesive should be applied to both seams. My '94 FSM pages are attached below. Am I to presume that the adhesive is still needed at the weatherstrip-to-glass seam or does the '94 not need it?

2) The shop is asking if I need a bronze or green tint. I believe that I have the factory windshield still in place and am happy with it. Anyone know if the factory windshield had either of these tints? If not, do you guys prefer one over the other?

Thanks All!
As always, I appreciate the help.

FSM windshield page 3.jpg

FSM windshield page 4.jpg

When I was looking at windshields and researching on here, I concluded that the bronze windshield was for the LX450 and the blue windshield is for the Land Cruiser. As I understand it, it's just the color of the tint strip at the top.

I would choose whatever you want and then consider a clear ceramic tint over the entire windshield to reduce UV. It may not technically be legal, but nobody would ever know that it's there...

Hello All-
Im using an insurance company approved glass shop to replace my cracked windshield.

Ive read multiple windshield replacement threads and understand that I should provide an OEM weatherstrip (part# 56121-60060) and the adhesive should be urethane based. However, I still have 2 questions:

1) Ive seem many a thread where it is recommended that the adhesive be applied to both the weatherstrip-to-frame seam as well as the weatherstrip-to-glass seam. However, my '94 FSM mentions nothing about applying adhesive to the weatherstrip-to-glass seam. I have a '94. I have seen pages from a '97 FSM and they clearly state that the adhesive should be applied to both seams. My '94 FSM pages are attached below. Am I to presume that the adhesive is still needed at the weatherstrip-to-glass seam or does the '94 not need it?

2) The shop is asking if I need a bronze or green tint. I believe that I have the factory windshield still in place and am happy with it. Anyone know if the factory windshield had either of these tints? If not, do you guys prefer one over the other?

Thanks All!
As always, I appreciate the help.

View attachment 2763005

View attachment 2763006
I just had the LX450 windshueld installed. The entire thing has a slightly warmer tone to it. It looks different (more bronze) comparitively. It's not a huge difference but can see it. If I could have gotten the "blue" I would have. I'm getting the 3M crystal clear 80% installed so will see if it changes anything. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom