2 Window wash sprayers on a 1/78? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDNs78FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
So it’s been a while since I tore apart the windshield. Are there 2 sprayer locations on this model month/year? One at the top of the windshield and one in the hood? I seem to have both but neither one worked when I bought the truck.

So it’s been a while since I tore apart the windshield. Are there 2 sprayer locations on this model month/year? One at the top of the windshield and one in the hood? I seem to have both but neither one worked when I bought the truck.

Is the one on the hood a real washer nozzle or a dummy? The correct one is the one at the top of the windshield. The one on the hood would had a
A dummy that look like a washer nozzle but no hose ran to it.

Is the one on the hood a real washer nozzle or a dummy? The correct one is the one at the top of the windshield. The one on the hood would had a
A dummy that look like a washer nozzle but no hose ran to it.
Got it. Thanks for clarification. I’m guessing at some point after 1/78 Toyota moved it to the hood? I bought a OEM replacement for the hood😩... I guess it will at least look nice even though it’s a dummy 😂😂

Got it. Thanks for clarification. I’m guessing at some point after 1/78 Toyota moved it to the hood? I bought a OEM replacement for the hood😩... I guess it will at least look nice even though it’s a dummy 😂😂

Washer was on the hood first. 68-71 there were two, one on each side. 72 was a single nozzle moved to the center with two sprayers. 78 moved to the windshield and hood must has had a hole for the nozzle so a dummy nozzle was used for the now no longer used hole.

the tube in the windshield frame on a 79 I had years ago was plugged and I couldn't get it cleaned out, so I got an early squirter for the hood and installed that in place of the dummy nozzle. worked well for years then I sold the rig.

can you guys throw up some pictures. ill be dealing with this system soon on my 77 but it’s been a while since i’ve pulled it apart. it’d be nice seeing what you’re talking about before i get confused and frustrated!!

can you guys throw up some pictures. ill be dealing with this system soon on my 77 but it’s been a while since i’ve pulled it apart. it’d be nice seeing what you’re talking about before i get confused and frustrated!!

Most likely your 77 doesn't have a windshield washer nozzle in it and only the one on the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom