2 way T fittings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
5B2B9DFD-EDF8-411B-8042-7323F1E38821.jpeg

Am I missing something on taking this T fitting apart? Surprisingly the lines came loose without much of a fight but I CANNOT get them to pull out of the fitting! I’m close to resorting to violence but it seems like theses fittings are hard to come by so trying to be delicate. Both sides spin freely just won’t pull out. Is there an o-ring or something that might be hanging up? Is violence the answer?
Thanks for any pointers

If the end of the lines are a double flare it may be possible that the end expanded. Try putting tension on both lines and then spin the fitting. The idea would be to unthread the fitting from the flared end. May or may not work. Other then that just brute force to remove the lines.

If the end of the lines are a double flare it may be possible that the end expanded. Try putting tension on both lines and then spin the fitting. The idea would be to unthread the fitting from the flared end. May or may not work. Other then that just brute force to remove the lines.
Ok, thanks I’ll give it a go. Where are you in KY? I was born and raised in Richmond

View attachment 3165709
Am I missing something on taking this T fitting apart? Surprisingly the lines came loose without much of a fight but I CANNOT get them to pull out of the fitting! I’m close to resorting to violence but it seems like theses fittings are hard to come by so trying to be delicate. Both sides spin freely just won’t pull out. Is there an o-ring or something that might be hanging up? Is violence the answer?
Thanks for any pointers
Are they 9mm flare? (1970 or older). If so, they distort past the threads when tightened. Usually, you can unthread the fitting off the flare. Usually….

Are they 9mm flare? (1970 or older). If so, they distort past the threads when tightened. Usually, you can unthread the fitting off the flare. Usually….
Yes, 9mm I failed to mention the year. I finally got them out by force and drastic wiggling. My next question is why is there a T there? seems Like it’s just a union of sorts that could be eliminated..

Yes, 9mm I failed to mention the year. I finally got them out by force and drastic wiggling. My next question is why is there a T there? seems Like it’s just a union of sorts that could be eliminated..
I believe you’re right and it’s just a union. Then it’s a 2 piece line instead of Toyota snaking a big ol single line in there. Cannot get the 9mm bits so you’d need to make a new flare or new line with the existing nuts and T’s or swap to more available 10mm components (this is route I went on my 1970).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom