2" receiver for SOF Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleeoffroad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.sleeoffroad.com
Did not want to hijack the Hanna bumper thread but wanted to post a picture of the new receiver that works with our bumpers.

It requires cutting a whole in the rear crossmeber and removal of the tire carrier winch plate.

This could also be used on our older bumpers, however you would have to cut the hole in the bumper as well. All new bumpers have the cutout already there, instead of the 4 holes like the earlier ones.

Thanks to CDan that did this kind of receiver some time ago and sharing the info. Thanks also to UncleBen for allowing us to cut up his 40th.
rec_1.jpg
rec_2.jpg

I really like the safety chain ears..:D

You don't have to crawl under the vehicle to pin the draw bar either.

Nicely done sir....:cheers:

D-

nice
so what's happening exactly here?
is the 2" tube welded to the bumper or held by the 4 bolts in the rear and the braces in the front?

Hijack...............:D

Is that a nice little rubber bumper thingy on the swing arm stop?

I want one...:D

Sweeet!
Wish this was avail. when I bought my kaymar; oh well.

Nice Christo :cheers:
Looks like it would still let you have oem subtank too.
And I suppose that your fabricated receiver plate was a bit cheaper that the Lexus cast one :eek:

Oh fine....now you do it! :flipoff2: Where were you six months ago? :mad:

Very nice looking Christo. :D

clownmidget said:
Nice Christo :cheers:
Looks like it would still let you have oem subtank too.
And I suppose that your fabricated receiver plate was a bit cheaper that the Lexus cast one :eek:

That should clear the sub just fine. The receiver tube on mine comes further forward than that, at the same level, and it clears my sub.

Christo mentioned in his original post that fitment requires cutting a hole in the rear crossmember.

His bumper already has the holes in it and you would use that as a template. You would then drill the 4 holes for the through bolts that attach the receiver tube flange to the bumper.

EDIT

I shoulda quoted you so my answer made sence......... ;p

e9999 said:
nice
so what's happening exactly here?
is the 2" tube welded to the bumper or held by the 4 bolts in the rear and the braces in the front?

The receiver is one piece with the mounting flange. Cut the hole, insert, attach rear "legs" tighten down. Then drill 4 new holes. Remove receiver, install nut plates behind rear crossmember, reinstall receiver and bolt down.

so you're not using the holes from the standard pintle hook pattern (3 3/8"x 1.75") then, from the looks of them?

No, a 2 inch receiver tube will not fit within that pattern.

cruiserdan said:
EDIT

I shoulda quoted you so my answer made sence......... ;p

gotcha ;p

So what would be the best method for making such a cut?

OK Christo, have Ben PM me with the price and availability.
Sean

where do you put the thru-bumper wiring harness? :D

concretejungle said:
gotcha ;p

So what would be the best method for making such a cut?

When I cut mine I used a combination of a hack saw, jig saw and angle grinder with a cut-off wheel. In my case I had to cut through BOTH the bumper and the cross member. Christo's bumper is tough...:rolleyes:
hack3.jpg
hack1.jpg

how thick is the metal the SOR bumper is made of?

e9999 said:
how thick is the metal the SOR bumper is made of?

SOR is the acronym for Spector, not Slee.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom