2 Radios, Any Problems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any reason I can't hook this bitchin OEM radio up in the proper dash spot as well as have a hidden CD player tied into the same wiring? In other words, power and speakers on the same harness to two different radios. Understandibly only one played at a time. Old school FM just looks cool and might deter a B&E.:hillbilly:

DSCN4252-vi.jpg

Maybe you could hook up a awesome hidden switch somewhere to toggle back and forth :cool:

I still have mine somewhere... haha

If you have a hidden CD deck, why not just have the stock one in for looks, but not hooked up?

Just do separate wiring. Why not use the hidden on the door speakers and rear speakers? Wire the oem stereo to the dash speaker. That's what I would do.

If you are wondering about connecting both radios to the speakers, you shouldn't do that. You will forget one day and turn them both on at the same time. And then you would have some electronic junk as the output amplifiers fry each other. What you could do, is run them both to an amp that has two inputs. Then select the radio you want to listen to at the amp (same concept as a home stereo). I have never seen such an amp for a car, and don't know if one exists, but that is the only way you could safely wire them up to the same speakers.

I have a new radio in my Tuffy, left the oem in the dash but it is no longer wired up. Same reasons you mentioned, retro look and maybe not worth a break in at first glance.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Probably wind up with the oldie in the dash for nostalgia purposes unplugged and the cd player in the glove box or console box.

If you are wondering about connecting both radios to the speakers, you shouldn't do that. You will forget one day and turn them both on at the same time. And then you would have some electronic junk as the output amplifiers fry each other. What you could do, is run them both to an amp that has two inputs. Then select the radio you want to listen to at the amp (same concept as a home stereo). I have never seen such an amp for a car, and don't know if one exists, but that is the only way you could safely wire them up to the same speakers.
Not a common switch, but this could be done using a 4 pole, double throw toggle switch and a 'normal' amp.
Try alliedelec.com for the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom