2 questions re: side mirror glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all....I have a '94 LC and need to replace the glass on the driver's side mirror. When I look up the part on Toyota part websites, it says the glass will only fit 95–97 models. But from what I've read elsewhere, the side mirrors on the 90–97 land cruisers are the same. If I order this glass, do you think it will fit?

Also, any tips on installing the glass itself? Thx!!

Google is your friend or search a site like partsouq.com or the below for their online parts catalog

1630097421543.png

They are the same. Was yours cracked or did it fall out? If it fell out you might need a whole new mirror. The plastic tabs that hold the glass were broken on mine and I had to replace the unit. Just a heads up.

Make sure you order part specific to left or right drive.
Aussie markets had convex glass on passenger side (left)

I changed mirror glass on my first 80. It's a good few years back now, but from memory it was easy to fit. Pretty sure it just clips in place.
I think from memory, once you get the new piece in hand it will be fairly self explanatory

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I did use Google and researched this before posting. It's a bit strange because partsoq says that the part number 87947-60070 says it will fit my '94, but US based Toyota part sites like the link I posted originally and the one below say that the same part number will NOT fit a '94, just 95-97.

I guess I will go ahead and order it....hopefully it works. I think my tabs on my mirror are OK so just need the glass. For those of you who've worked on mirrors, do you find you need to replace the mirror gasket also? (part 87941-60010)? I'm thinking about ordering that gasket for both sides as well.....

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I did use Google and researched this before posting. It's a bit strange because partsoq says that the part number 87947-60070 says it will fit my '94, but US based Toyota part sites like the link I posted originally and the one below say that the same part number will NOT fit a '94, just 95-97.

I guess I will go ahead and order it....hopefully it works. I think my tabs on my mirror are OK so just need the glass. For those of you who've worked on mirrors, do you find you need to replace the mirror gasket also? (part 87941-60010)? I'm thinking about ordering that gasket for both sides as well.....

I recall with my 94 only being able to obtain the new housing glass and all.

It is unlikely you will need to replace the gasket. It's thick, plastic/rubber piece on the mirror. Keeps water from going inside the door panel.
It's kind of a pain to replace as you need to pull a wire connector through a small hole on the existing one and then through again on the new one.
You can see the edge of around the out side of the mirror housing from the exterior.
Don't bother to get a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom