2 parts questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jestlurnin

SILVER Star
Threads
Talking about a 1975 RHD LWB FJ45. The drive train has been swapped out for the engine,trans,transfer out of a 78' FJ40. I do plan to rebuild the original drivetrain and put back in one day.

Part number 1: I'm looking for a parking brake cable. SOR doesn't think they have one. I didn't try any of the other vendors as of yet. Anyone know where to go specifically?

Part number 2: thought I had every last part for the bed refurbish but I'm missing the bolts that hold the tailgate chains onto the bed sides. SOR says they have them but for an 80/81 FJ45. Can anyone speak to if the 80/81 bolts that hold the tailgate chains onto the bed sides were the same in 80/81 that they were in 75?

Thanks everyone

I believe that the shouldered/step bolts that secure the chains are the same thru the series: 66289-95110. From 1964-1986.
HTH

BTW, that part might be the same even earlier, but my 1962 catalog uses that early crazy letter/number parts numbering system and I don't have the super-special secret decoder keyring to decipher any of that. Yep, my mom was right, I should have eaten all my Wheaties, and then get to the prize at the bottom of the box !

BTW, that part might be the same even earlier, but my 1962 catalog uses that early crazy letter/number parts numbering system and I don't have the super-special secret decoder keyring to decipher any of that. Yep, my mom was right, I should have eaten all my Wheaties, and then get to the prize at the bottom of the box !

Have one of those books that converts the old part numbering system to the 10 digit system. It's at another location. Need to grab it next time I'm there.

Hey I wanted to follow up on this. Anyone have any parking brake cable info? Not sure if my set up is run of the mill or unique due to the RHD and throwing the engine tranny transmission from a N. American 40 in it.

It should have a drum parking brake on the tcase. As long as the parking brake handle is factory any 75 fj40 cable should work. You want to get a cable to match the tub as the t-case ends are all the same.

The park brake backing plate is specific to LHD or RHD trucks. If using a LHD P-brake and a RHD handle, it won't work using stock pieces because the cable would need to be very long. If using the RHD backing plate & handle, then use the stock 46410-60011 cable.
FWIW, the RHD park brake assembly is somewhat common in USA, as it was used on all FJ55 regardless of drive position. So if the mirror image RHD p-brake internals are needed for a RHD 40series, a scrap 55 will have them.

Jim and 71-cruiser, thanks for the responses.

Just so I have my nomenclature correct here. Backing plate refers to the part under the rig that the parking brake drum fits to, correct?

It sounds like with my current set up I can't use anything stock. I still have the drivetrain that came out of the RHD truck. Can I swap over the RHD backing plate?

It's been about 6 months since I've been in there and it was my first one so I can't envision the process off the top of my head. Sounds like if I can switch out the backing plate I could get parking brake cable 46410-60011 and I'll be good to go! Thanks again gents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom