2" or 4" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I asked if anybody had advice last week and I have read through tech links and forms, but could not find too much to make a decision. I want to replace the suspension in my 71 FJ40 and was wondering if any knew if I had to modifications to the drive line if I went with a 4" lift or if I should go with a 2.5"?

Not anything to extreme just some moderate stuff to start.

Not anything to extreme just some moderate stuff to start. Would like to put 33's on the rig.

You should be o.k. Some cases require some driveshaft mods because of the lengthened distance between the t-case and drivesahft flange. But you won't know if that is needed until the kit is put on. And normally this is only on SOA vehicles.

I had to lengthen mine when I put my 4in lift on, but I think that was because the p.o. had already trimmed the driveshaft too much when the SBC swap was done.

no you will not have to modify your drive lines with the 2.5 or 4 inch lift. if i had it to do again i would do the 4 in and not the 2.5 lift that i did. but i am now thinking spring over or spring over front and 4 link rear. good luck!

I am looking at the Pinniacle kit from JT Outfitters, been looking at quit a few any other suggestions?

I am looking at the Pinniacle kit from JT Outfitters, been looking at quit a few any other suggestions?

Haven't heard many good things about those.

I would look in the direction of HFS from Cool Cruiser of Texas or Old Man Emu kits. Both come in 2.5 and have a good history.

Looked at those, is the money worth it? I still have other stuff to fix on the FJ. Found one site who said the Skyjackers is worth the money. I still plan on taking out the front axle from a '76 FJ55 I have for the disc brake. The rest, not sure anybody need parts?

you might want to search "pinnacle' here. I've heard there have been many problems with them. ( I haven't experienced it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom