2 lift weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

euclid

SILVER Star
Threads
We are lifting my truck then Barry's truck this weekend. I plan on getting started some tomorrow. Work day on Saturday.

Call or come by if you want to help. Guest appearance by Sgt Murrah is rumored.

number or location please, don't know if I can make it yet,
depends on what my wife has in mind.

My house in Belhaven. Call for easy directions.

Changed my mind. Starting now. It's gonna rain on Saturday.

Let us know when you finish.

I've got to work tomorrow morning and were going to a football game tomorrow night. IF Fri afternoon frees up, I'm there. Don't hold your breath. I volunteered for a Habitat house framing in Canton for Sat AM. Let us know if you're still working Sat PM.

HFS.....Sweet!

Lash

Rear done. Front torn down, build it tomorrow. Start on Barry's Sat AM at Brian's shop.

Thanks to Brian for the wrenching. Thanks to Johnny and Jes for drinking beer and shoving a tool my way when I asked. Thanks to Barry for being so psyched about his cruiser and fpr shoving some tools my way.

HEY EVERYONE> Instead of starting at 10am like planned need to start around 3-4pm on Sat.

THANKS.

I will try to make it. I came home tonight to find the brakes on my Dodge grinding metal to metal. Not doing it when I left but my wife drove it a few days so who knows. I need to fix that early Sat. morning and we will be leaving for Gulfport tomorow night. I will be home for good on Wed. night. Thank goodness! I'm tired of sleeping on a cot!!!

Later,

Brian, where will I find your shop?
Need directions.

Check here or call me for updates in the AM. Plan could change with weather. Barry is supposed to call me so we can make a plan.

Gonna start on Barry's here at my house now. Might move to Brians house later in the day. We will see how it goes. Call or come by if you want to help.

2 trucks lifted, still a whole day left in the weekend. Barry is grining. His junk aint squaty any more.

Lets wheel.

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!

Yes. It is a done deal. My truck rides quite a bit higher and less jarring. As far as we can tell the entire suspension system down to the shocks and (badly frozen) bushings were stock, original 1982 stuff. Held up well, but definately time for a change. We braved a hurricane rainstorm and ensuing flood in John Mills garage (ca 2 inches of water gradually crept in as we--mostly Greg--were banging on a seriously stuck shackle pin. Greg ended up cutting it off with the grinder after the rain cleared up. I am contemplating naming my truck Rita, since it was lifted during the hurricane.

Many thanks to Greg for parting with his springs and for overseeing the installation process. Yet another of many helps I can never repay. Thanks to John Mills for providing space (even with the leaky roof) and hanging around to keep me company and handing an occaisional tool after I insisted on seeing it through and putting the shocks on tonight. The light helped alot too.

Thanks to my boys for their patience in hanging around and for amusing us with their rain antics. Sorry, no camera for Josh's buns.

Looking forward to trying it out at Grey Rock.

I believe the noise we heard on the test drive was a lugnut flying off. In my exhausted frenzy to get the shocks on, I forgot to cinch them down . At least the tires were put back on in the right direction....... Will check on it tomorrow. Too tired to care at the moment.

Barry

fj60guy said:
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!

Ditto! We need pics to see how you guys did. How much of a lift did yall put on each truck and did u upsize the tires?

Replacement springs for the rear should be here tomorrow according to UPS website. Gotta work Sat. Anybody wanna help Sun afternoon? It's just rear springs.. shouldn't be a big project.

Gonna be in atlanta for the U2 concert!! hayl yeh..
hope it stays dry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom