2 inline Ammeter Fuses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can I find replacement fuses for the 2 slow blow 5A fuses to the Ammeter? The only 5A time dely/slow blow fuses that I can find are not for vehicles and blow in about 2 seconds. Thanks.

I doubt that they need "slow blow" type fuses. If the regular fuses blow, it indicates that you have a bad connection at one end of your fusible link.

By "poor connection" - I think Charlie is most likely thinking of "broken strands in the link-wires themselves".

IMO it is unlikely that dirty spade terminals in your connectors would be responsible for excessive current flow through your ammeter (and thus causing your 5A fuses to blow)

But I'd only worry about this if you've been noticing "wide swings" of your ammeter needle and have experienced associated fuse-blowing.

(Perhaps you're replacing your fuses just because the old ones look corroded/cr@p?)

:cheers:
PS. I agree that these fuses aren't special "slow blow".

What I meant is anything that would increase the resistance of the fusible link wire, which would include corroded connections at the ends of the link wire and broken strands. If the link resistance goes up by even 0.5 ohm, much more current will be shunted to the meter.

If the link was burned in two, I am surprised that the problem wasn't "no power to my truck".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom