2 FJ60s One together, one disassembled. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in New Orleans and was working on restoring my cruiser when hurricane Katrina hit. I have one FJ60 that I had parted out completely, meticulosly labeling almost everything. I have another FJ60 I was working on fixing up with all those parts. Both my home and business were flooded and all my cruiser parts were affected to varying degrees. The vast majority of this stuff is still very usable and would be a gold mine for someone who works on 60s. I am considering listing it all on eBay seperately but for the right price would be glad to sell to the person who could come and get it. You could put it all inside the cruiser I was working on and tow it.

What I have:

1 1985 FJ60 very little rust intact. damaged hood and fender. Had water up to the ignition lock. Good glass, dash pad, motor worked, had new a/c. The only thing is that the interior has been wet and would need some hard core cleaning to be used. Color is grey. Carb is non-USA and it has no emissions.

1 1985 FJ60 Grey color in parts. Damaged fender and hood. The good fender on this one is the same as the damaged one on the other. Early rust on doors and hatch that could be repaired and is all in non-visible ares. I took good care when dismantling. The only thing missing is the frame, gas tank, and a few rims I sold and maybe a couple of other parts but nothing big. I had the engine rebuild started already so I have a 2f block that was honed and hot tanked with new cam bearings but it was submerged and has light surface rust. I also have a reworked head that was submerged as well as the crank which had been polished but all this stuff needs to be cleaned up from surface rust. I have sprayed them down with WD-40 a few times and much of the surface area is looking like raw metal again on these parts. I have the complete wiring harness front and back. I have the complete unflooded steering column with key. I have a tranny (4 spd), transfer, steering box, hubs, flywheel, exhaust parts, etc...

The interior was in my garage and seems as if it could be cleaned and used although I would replace the foam.

A large majority of the trim and smaller parts were high enough not to be affected by the water. They are all boxed or heat sealed, and labeled.

I also have a brand new a/c condenser that was in my attic from another car I owned.

I am hoping to get $3000 OBO for everything here but I won't turn down a reasonable offer. For the full 3k I will include my factory engine, body, and emissions manuals. I will consider delivery within a reasonable distance for a fee plus costs. If I can't get what I feel is a good price I will have to put it all on eBay. I am trying to scrape together enough cash to get a new cruiser.

Anybody seriously interested let me know and I will send pics.

If anyone is seriously interested I will take a bunch of pictures of it all

Thanks. These parts are in remarkably good shape so I am sure I will recoup by selling off the parts. It is a good deal though for anyone with the ability to get it all.

Are you willing to part out a few pieces?

Since I have gotten no response I think so. Mail me a list of what you need. I just started working 6 12 hour days so response time might be a little slow...

Hey Brother good to see you made it thru the storm. If you're willin to part out. I have been searching for the top dash part in grey to replace mine. Got all kinds of cracks in mine. Also if ya got the adjustable vents. Let me know. Thanks, Chuck

If the seat belt retractor for the driver side wasnt submerged, Id take it. I also need a rear cargo area carpet in gray.

Let me know.

Hodag

I want the two side louvers, let me know how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom