2 burner stoves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who has info on two burner stoves other than Coleman, there a couple out there that have a decent BTU rating and kinda pricey price tag, help.. Thanks

I have the Campchef (3x30k burners) and it is well built and produces more than enough heat but like Spresso said, very heavy. For something lighter, I'd look into their other models.

The CampChef Weekender. 2 burners at 30k btu each. 30lbs.

Or the CampChef All Terrain Aluminum sport stove. 2 burners at 20k btu. Total weight is 20lbs.

Both units have wind screens. The 30lb weekender includes 4 legs.

I have the Campchef Weekender and it is a great stove. Easy to assemble and easy to use. Wind is a small problem but it has to be a hard wind. I used mine at GSMTR a few weeks ago and cooked for 4 days with no problems.

I have a Camp Chef River Runner. 2X 10,000BTU burners, stainless internals, folding aluminum case with wind screens - 14 lbs. Propane powered. I have not even fired up my old Coleman stoes since I got this stove. Two thimbs up.

Mike

Thank you gentlemen, and all, No beef with the Coleman, used one for many years, just looking to upgrade, and no one better to ask than the guys on Mud. Thanks again. Jim

I got this stove the day before we went on our Rubithon trip. I'm glad I took it out of the box before going on the trail because one of the valves was busted. Nothing a little JB weld could not fix.

41YJMQ4SEZL._SS500_.jpg

Anyway, the stove is phenomenal. It has two 60,000 BTUs burners. It brings water in a large pot to a boil in a snatch. Great for cooking with cast iron. Some pots and pans treated with Teflon will have issues if the surface temperature rises above 350 F.

After a little research I found the best price at Amazon

Regards

Alvaro

Ditto on the CampChef. I picked up the VERY HEAVY 3 burner w/griddle at Costco for $160. I've added the carry bag for both the griddle and the stove. Great for our scout outings or large groups. Bulky and heavy for a quick weekend tho.

Brent,

Does the 3 burner Camp Chef fit on your roof rack?
The 2 burner one fits with plenty of space on its sides. Plus it looks very cool when it sits upright on its side. Kinda like after burners. "When lockers are not enough..."

Alvaro

Brent,

Does the 3 burner Camp Chef fit on your roof rack?
The 2 burner one fits with plenty of space on its sides. Plus it looks very cool when it sits upright on its side. Kinda like after burners. "When lockers are not enough..."

Alvaro

Yes - it fits quite nicely. SOB to get up there because of the weight. In fact if you aren't carrying jerry cans or wood in the front section of the INTI, the 3 burner in it's travel case fits perfectly there.

I have a very cheap American Camper two burner propane model. Light weight but a little bulky and has a plastic-board case. It uses the small propane bottles and they attach directly beneath the burners. Click start so no matches. It can use the Butane canisters as well but I've never tried them.

It cooks great and I haven't started my white gas stove since I got it.

For truck camping I use a Coleman grill/stove (the old green propane one) with a griddle to swap out on the grill side. Very versitile and relatively light. Electronic (not electric) ignition is a plus.

For backpacking I use a Optimus Nova. Watch out for the little tin cup flame disperser. They get lost easy and the thing throws flames 6' in the air without it.

I like and have used/abused them both. The Coleman grill/stove has taken a beating.

I actually set out to go buy a coleman stove yesterday, but after seeing the new ones in person I changed my mind. I used to borrow my relatives old coleman stove and thought I would be buying the same thing, but the new models feel so cheap that the display models seemed to be falling apart already.

I really like the partner steel stoves, but can't justify spending that kind of money on something I only use a few times a year. I'm not even that good of a cook, so anything more than a simple stove would be a waste of money for me. Have you seen the Century deluxe stainless models? Not much more expensive than the coleman, and the reviews for it are a lot better.

http://centurycamping.com/stoves/camping/

I also like the fact that they use a flexible hose instead of a rigid coupling for the propane

I actually set out to go buy a coleman stove yesterday, but after seeing the new ones in person I changed my mind. I used to borrow my relatives old coleman stove and thought I would be buying the same thing, but the new models feel so cheap that the display models seemed to be falling apart already.

I really like the partner steel stoves, but can't justify spending that kind of money on something I only use a few times a year. I'm not even that good of a cook, so anything more than a simple stove would be a waste of money for me. Have you seen the Century deluxe stainless models? Not much more expensive than the coleman, and the reviews for it are a lot better.

http://centurycamping.com/stoves/camping/

I also like the fact that they use a flexible hose instead of a rigid coupling for the propane

Just as a general rule-Old Coleman is old school and good. New Coleman is cheap chinese junk in the worst sense. Century as a brand for camping gear is of overall much better quality. I have cooked on DesertDude's Partner Steel stove, and I want one. They are super high quality, but pricy.

How old is "old school? I didn't think a stove could really change a whole lot, it's essentially just a metal box, but it's definitely a noticeable difference. I also forgot the mention that the burners on the Century are a little further apart (from what I've read) so that could come in handy when using larger pots. I'll probably pick one up this weekend, so I'll be able to give some first hand observations.

I picked up a coleman propane lantern yesterday (had to purchase something since i didn't buy a stove), but after opening it up and playing with it, I'm thinking of returning it. Definitely not the same quality as the older ones I've been borrowing, I'm looking through classifieds to see if I can get some older models instead. Are century lanterns also better than the coleman equivilent?

Those partner steel stoves are nice, but I'd really need some serious cooking skills to even consider buying one of those. Even then it'd be hard to justify 5x the price of a coleman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom