2.8 Cummins to H41 H42 H55f Finally!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a great deal!

So swapping inputs is definitely NOT a 5 min job that requires no special tools. That grossly incorrect statement makes me question the whole advertisement.

You're right. They must not have tried it. It is a five-minute process that requires one wrench on common domestic manual transmissions like NV4500, T19, SM465 etc.

You're right. They must not have tried it. It is a five-minute process that requires one wrench on common domestic manual transmissions like NV4500, T19, SM465 etc.

Hmm, if my memory serves me right mine popped right out when I did my H55 swap, but that was years ago. I am the one who typed it up, and if I am incorrect please let me know and I will fix it!

FYI, I have been bugging Quickdraw over a year to build this adapter and supplied them with all the parts for measuring. In return my company is selling the parts, but I will admit I don't have the knowledge on the internals of the trans. I know that the designers over there did a bang up job building everything and I am super excited they are entering the Cruiser market!

So has anybody ordered this, I’m starting a resto mod on a 40 and this could change my tune on the power plant.

Yip, the best you can hope for on a shaft change is to remove the TX case, which means dismanteling most of it, and then drop the lay shaft after removing 5th gear, by removing the layshaft bearings. the input shaft and front bearing can then be removed and replaced. You should be able to do this without affecting any clearances, but the layshaft bearings may get buggered removing them.

If the other shafts are longer than the petrol shaft, then you could put a spacer between the bell housing and gearbox,and use a clutch plate and spigot bearing to suit the shaft. Talk is, however cheap and I would not do this unless the box is new and fresh.

G

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom