2.5" ProComp for my '75 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20200508_131339.jpg

Looking to upgrade the suspension to a 2.5" lift for 33" tires. Looking at the ProComp lift. Just curious how it rides and if it is a decent set up. I mostly just drive on the highway and forest service roads. I see a lot of people recommending Bilsteins but honestly the 5100s on my Ram 3500 are way too stiff. Wondering if anyone has had good luck with the ES3000 that come with the kit?

I went with the skyjacker softride 2.5" lift with the nitro shocks 33" tires. Ride is fine on and off road and i see no need to upgrade to bilsteins at the moment.

Answered in the other thread but I like mine, couldn't justify the price for the OME kit when I got this and tires for around the same price.

View attachment 2529806
That's where I'm at. I really want to clear 33's for better highway speeds. I've looked for a couple years and prices keep going up. I figured with new springs and shocks it'll ride 100% better than now.

I went with the skyjacker softride 2.5" lift with the nitro shocks 33" tires. Ride is fine on and off road and i see no need to upgrade to bilsteins at the moment.
That might work. I might look at 4" if I go that route.

At the time the added cost for longer brake lines, longer rear driveshaft and 35" tires changed my decision on the 4". If i was to do it again 4" all the way.

Last edited:
Answered in the other thread but I like mine, couldn't justify the price for the OME kit when I got this and tires for around the same price.

View attachment 2529806
If your rear shackle angles look that good, then that should ride really nice. OME seems to steepen the shackles too much, springs are short from what I have seen.

I debated the procomps, after seeing your shackle angles that is good, I'm impressed. I ended up putting the Rancho Add-A-Leafs on mine, got about a 1" lift or so, but my shackles got a little steeper, ride is actually better than before, but a tad jarring. I was just looking for a better ride, my rears were totally sagged out. I'm 235/85R16 tires, so they barely clear even stock.

If your rear shackle angles look that good, then that should ride really nice. OME seems to steepen the shackles too much, springs are short from what I have seen.

I debated the procomps, after seeing your shackle angles that is good, I'm impressed. I ended up putting the Rancho Add-A-Leafs on mine, got about a 1" lift or so, but my shackles got a little steeper, ride is actually better than before, but a tad jarring. I was just looking for a better ride, my rears were totally sagged out. I'm 235/85R16 tires, so they barely clear even stock.

Yep the rear is about the same

No rubbing offroad at all.

The only thing I noticed with steelies and 33’s was contact between the inner side of the front DS tire and the drag link on a full left turn. I’ve got generic quarter inch spacers all around and it mitigates that problem, and I have no rubbing when pushing my suspension. You won’t have that prob if you are running a Saginaw or FJ60 box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom