$2.5 per foot of 1"3/4 H.R.E.W (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my local machine shop can order me in HREW for $2.5 a foot. it's 1"3/4 (which is what i want to use for bumper, sliders, etc).
is this a good price? i can go to a distributor and get it a little cheaper, but i think the price of gas would make it not worth the trip.
oh, and that is if i order 100ft.

that's 1"3/4 and the .120 wall.
i'm in utah.

rusmannx said:
my local machine shop can order me in HREW for $2.5 a foot. it's 1"3/4 (which is what i want to use for bumper, sliders, etc).
is this a good price? i can go to a distributor and get it a little cheaper, but i think the price of gas would make it not worth the trip.
oh, and that is if i order 100ft.

i just paid $88.45 for 2 20ft sticks of 2" .120 in denver.

youd think 1 3/4 would be a little cheaper

2badfjs said:
i just paid $88.45 for 2 20ft sticks of 2" .120 in denver.

youd think 1 3/4 would be a little cheaper

2bad, where do you get your steel?

Rezarf <><

Rusmannx,
I work in bluffdale and buy a lot of 3/4" DOM from a place in S.L.C that starts with a M.. I'm having a brain fart. Just look up in the phone book under steel and call around. I'll look up the name when i get to work. I'm pretty sure they can get or have what you want.

thanks for the help tltaylor22.
it only took a few months to get this thread rolling eh?

REZARF said:
2bad, where do you get your steel?

Rezarf <><

two places
C&M OFF HAMPDEN AND SANTE FE in englwood
or HINTON STEEL off evans and tejon

tltaylor22 said:
Rusmannx,
I work in bluffdale and buy a lot of 3/4" DOM from a place in S.L.C that starts with a M.. I'm having a brain fart. Just look up in the phone book under steel and call around. I'll look up the name when i get to work. I'm pretty sure they can get or have what you want.

Metal Mart?

That's where I get it... Off of 17th So. and ~7th West I think.

xiero said:
Metal Mart?

That's where I get it... Off of 17th So. and ~7th West I think.

Metal Mart is great for cuts, misc scrap, etc... I stop by there once a week, they just got ALOT bigger too (doubled their shop size) :cool:

That being said, Marmon is where most of the smaller shops (such as Metalmart) gets their pipe, tube, etc. Marmon requires an account, and you have to buy tube in 20 or 24' lengths, no cuts...

thanks for the info kurt.
i've been wondering what that 'm' word was.

I buy all of my tube from emjmetals.com I typically buy 300 feet at a time and they deliver it right to my door on a semi truck fre of charge. I've never found a local place that can touch their prices. The more you buy, the cheaper it gets. They give price discounts every 100 ft I think. Get a group of local guyus together and buy as much as you can.

foxfab said:
I buy all of my tube from emjmetals.com I typically buy 300 feet at a time and they deliver it right to my door on a semi truck fre of charge. I've never found a local place that can touch their prices. The more you buy, the cheaper it gets. They give price discounts every 100 ft I think. Get a group of local guyus together and buy as much as you can.

AHH, my head hurts from looking at that site.
to many options for people like me.
to many "product grades" for stupid people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom