2.5"-3" Budget Based Heavy Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some pix from the beach

20201021_074423 (Medium).jpg
20201021_075758 (Medium).jpg
20201021_075816 (Medium).jpg
20201021_075850 (Medium).jpg
20201021_075906 (Medium).jpg

Nice! How does it drive?

Drives great :)

Still gotta center the steering wheel as it's off about an inch, but can't find my tie rod tool set and don't wanna mangle the drag link with a pipe wrench :hmm:

With the added travel, I was able to hit 30mph on the beach with ease (only 10mph tops previously)

Let's talk about that exhaust in the first set of photos. What's going onthere! I like it!

Replaced the muffler last week and didn't want a tailpipe, so I just hacked the output pipe and made it a turn down using an adapter sleeve and a couple of clamps

bosalmuffler2020 (2).jpg

bosalmuffler2020 (8).jpg

bosalmuffler2020 (9).jpg

What exhaust is that and how does it sound? There's stuff rattling around inside my LX's muffler and it's starting to annoy me.:bang::)

What exhaust is that and how does it sound? There's stuff rattling around inside my LX's muffler and it's starting to annoy me.:bang::)

It's a typical Bosal replacement, however, I've had a few of these and this one seems to be of much better quality than the previous ones :hmm:

There are slight differences and fitment was actually very good this time around :oops:

It's tight and doesn't rattle (for now), but only time will tell :meh:

On the others, the brackets were in the wring place and I had to cut and weld for it to line up :bang:

bozalinstallpix.JPG
bozalinstallpix2.JPG
bozalinstallpix3.JPG
bozalinstallpix4.JPG
bozalinstallpix6.JPG

Great thread with lots of good info! Blew an airbag at some point and just ordered new. Didn't know or try to get replacement from Airlift.
My OME 2" heavy is old and probably a good 10-15 years old and needs replacing. Like you I have a lot of weight in the truck. Have liked the OME and leaning toward the J setup for the weight.

@98 SNAKE EATER can you please give us a one year review on your lift? Do you still like it? Knowing what you know now would you do anything differently?
Thank you.

@98 SNAKE EATER can you please give us a one year review on your lift? Do you still like it? Knowing what you know now would you do anything differently?
Thank you.

Drives and handles great

Still haven't gotten around to adjusting the drag link, so the steering wheel is off center by half an inch or so, but other than that, no issues at all

Wouldn't change a thing

Drives and handles great

Still haven't gotten around to adjusting the drag link, so the steering wheel is off center by half an inch or so, but other than that, no issues at all

Wouldn't change a thing
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom