(2) 1968 FJ40 Projects + Tons of Extra New/Used Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys,

To start, the stuff below is located in South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA. I will post them as gone once they sell, so unless stated otherwise, they are still available.

I inherited one of these, and bought the other to complete the inherited one.... I now realize that my daily driver is enough of a project for me and I'd like to get these to someone who will enjoy them. I prefer to sell them together, so maybe after some time has passed I will separate them. I won't sell individual parts, sorry but please don't ask.

So here is a little about the blue one: My dad bought it in 69 (i think) and proceeded to roll it just after buying it. It destroyed the hard top and doors, and damaged the rear drivers side of the tub (can be pretty easily fixed if you have the know-how). I have the clear title, and comes with 2 bikini tops, roll bar, a set of gray soft doors, original seats (frames are good, cushions and material are bad), the original F engine/3 speed on the tree (needs new fluids and a tune, but it will start up with minimal effort), and the original t-case is installed in the other cruiser.

The white/brown one is in pretty nice shape. Has a hard top, hard doors, nice Chevy 350/Toyota 3 speed on the floor, and currently has the t-case from the other cruiser installed. I have another transfer case for it in storage, but I dont know if its ok (it came with this cruiser when I bought it and I never installed it.). I have new racing bucket seats, a new Tuffy locking console, new Painless EZ wiring harness, box of new AutoMeter gauges, and more that will go with it. Clean title comes with it.

I have boxes and boxes of original parts (some are from the blue cruiser, some came with the white/brown one, and some others just seemed to magically accumulate over the last fer years. I have radiators, transmissions, a matched pair of Dana 60's (kingpin front, 4.10s from an 87 dodge W350), rock sliders, wheels, and so on.

I am looking for $5400 for all of the above.... That breaks down to less than 2k per cruiser, less than 1k for a nice set of 1-tons, and less than $500 for all of the parts. See the CL link below for more
01616_awq8ITnsHys_600x450.jpg
00c0c_roaKUaemVm_600x450.jpg
pics. Call/Text Patrick at 775-636-5335, or post if you want to come take a look! Thanks!
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4443624811.html

Jeez, I accidentally put the pics right in the middle of the ad... Sorry!

ryaneddy: they could be yours, make me an offer on this stuff, keep the wheels and sell the rest!

djawahir: The white one starts and drives but has no radiator installed (gonna need a smaller than stock rad, or have the astro PS pump relocated). Needs the seat bolted in and lights put in to be road worthy. The blue one needs a bunch of little stuff to get road worthy (lights, fluids changed, fuel tank, brake lines, etc... most of which I have in my endless boxes of FJ BS).

Ok guys, price slash time: $4900 obo! I'd like my yard space back so make offers or trades, I'm pretty motivated!

Dana 60's are sold.... The rest is waiting for you to buy it! Best offer time, ready set go!

Ok, $4500? Anyone? Is it overpriced (2250 per cruiser + 2 cubic boatloads of parts)? Too far from finished? I could get the white one into test drive condition if that would help.... Let me know what would make this a better deal!

Ok, $4500? Anyone? Is it overpriced (2250 per cruiser + 2 cubic boatloads of parts)? Too far from finished? I could get the white one into test drive condition if that would help.... Let me know what would make this a better deal!

Throw in a s*@t load of spare time and ill take it :grinpimp:!

Seriously it seems like a good price to me and id be all over it if i had the time to build these back up. Im struggling with a Scout im trying to sell right now. I know its worth waht im asking, its just a matter of finding the right person that wants to take on a project.

GLWS. Youll find the right buyer.

db:beer:

UPDATE: I separated the cruisers, here are the links to the respective CL ads.
White one: http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4523215428.html
Blue one: http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4523235667.html
Also, I sold the racing seats to a friend. Still not interested in parting them out but both are cheaper than their worth in parts so if you really want just a piece, 1.) buy the whole thing, 2.)take what you want, 3.)part the rest out, 4.) that should just about equal a freebie.

IH8Mud members get bro price (not CL price). Vets get bro price and then some. Make me some offers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom