1UZFE and A343F tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for many ways to keep the weight of my camper down, as well as the height of the engine (the 1FZ-FE is very tall).

I am looking at the 1UZFE because is it cheap here (around $300), is very durable and delivers similar power. I assume that a bit less torque in low RPMs but once I press the pedal more it compensates.

But anyway, I want to keep things simple and here is what follows:

1. Will the 1UZFE mate with the A343F tranny?
- probably the bellhousing is different so if I buy a A340 (Lexus LS400) bellhousing, will it bolt into the A343 tranny?

2. Will the standard ECU from the Lexus LS400 interact well with the A343 tranny?

I am really not planning to run standalone ECUs because of the transmission controller being integrated into the OEM ECU.

just resurrecting this thread as I would like to know this as well before I complete a a340e to a343f shaft swap

Didn't the 100 series landcruiser from '98-'02 have the 1UZFE mated to the A343F? I know they were 4sp trannies in the early years of the 100 series chassis.

Early 100-series had the A343F behind the 2UZ. I believe all of the UZ engines have the same bellhousing bolt pattern, but I could be wrong.

Wait a min, the OP said 1 UZFE, not 2 UZFE. Scratch my remarks since the 100 series never had the 1UZFE engine.

I have a 300+hp 1uzfe and thinking of putting it into a 105 so I am interested to see if it will bolt to A343F as well

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom