1TB external hard drives --

-- was looking at a new drive and came across a TERABYTE drive for PCs and MACs

-- that's like 1,000 gigs --

my lord, how things have changed --

-- $800 -- 7200 rpm --

-- with 16MP cameras out there, things are getting huge --

-- remember the 20mb hard drives back in the day?

:D

e

Spook50

I just got an idea....

erics_bruisers said:
-- was looking at a new drive and came across a TERABYTE drive for PCs and MACs

-- that's like 1,000 gigs --

my lord, how things have changed --

-- $800 -- 7200 rpm --

-- with 16MP cameras out there, things are getting huge --

e
Hell I remember the days before HDs were even available to consumers. Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 baby...

Oh s*** I just dated myself...

here's what i got --

Lacie 1TB 7200RPM Bigger Disk w/Triple Interface Firewire/USB 2.0 External Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

hell, i used to use compact-cassettes in my atari 800 -- long live the tape drive!

e

Or you may be thinking of this.
It's called a Protodrive and it's full of s***e. A complete hoax. This guy who builds all sorts of "inventions" never shows them off. He only says they can do what they can't. Here:
http://www.protoscience.com/protodrive.html

And here he is trying to convince a bunch of knowledgable computer nuts that it can do it.(he's PSIKyle):
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=358682&highlight=protodrive
He charged people $75 to see a demonstration...then cancelled. Noone's seen the Protodrive II yet either. He's full of crap. :flipoff2:

That AVS link also goes on to explain why a 1TB drive can't be done yet. Good read.

erics_bruisers said:
No, no I don't... :D Yeah, first computer we had was a Vic 20, with cassette player, then a AppleIIe, then nothing till highschool which were 286/386 with 30meg harddrives...

Well maybe not 1TB in a single drive, but my friend has over 1TB in his computer, that's only 1000gig...a 400gig drive is only $245, throw three of them together you got 1.2TB for $735. Or grab 4 300-gig drives at $160/each and have 1.2TB for $640...cheap, no, but alot of storage for a small home computer.

commodore 64 with tape drive & 5.25" disk drive, then 8086, 8087, 80286, then 80486DX2 w/20 meg HD and two 5.25" disk drives!! (I was rockin then), then 80586 (pentium I). I also think the TB single drive is a hoax. I have a TB on my machine but between 2 arrays. Remember, never buy Maxtor!!!

brian said:
holy crap, i stumbled into a nerdfest <slowly backs toward the door>
As the unsuspecting victim eases towards the door another nerd, unseen previously, slides across the room in his wheeled office chair to block the departure. The victim's pulse was quickening, he HAD to get out of here. He looked around the room, not a pimple-free face could be found, but there in the corner a almost-attractive girl, certainly she couldn't be a nerd, far too cute. He winked at her, she winked back, she motioned to hold on a second, then without warning she tore off her shirt and ran to the far side of the room, she was distracting the nerds to the victim could escape, what a great plan. However, only one of the nerds even looked up to see the topless girl, and he only asked if her computer was now free, he needed to burn a DVD of Age of Empires. The girl had tried to help, but it was no use, these were hardened nerds, not the garden variety, these pimple-magnents would not be swayed by something as simple as a girls naked breast, or two. The victim had a plan, he eased to one side, where he saw a large pot of pretzels, he reached in for one, grabbed as much as his now sweaty fingers could hold. He threw the pretzels at the nerds with the force of a thousand mouse-clicks, the pretzels went everywhere. The nerds sent a last IM to each other, checked their e-mail, popped a pimple and then started grabbing up pretzels...by now the victim was out, finally escaping the hell he had been forced to endure.

brian

SILVER Star

Jman said:
Thanks to advancements in technology, nobody has a floppy drive any more, they all have hard drives. . . . . ;p
not only has modern science made that possible, everybody can now increase the size of their now hard drive........ :cheers:

Top Bottom