1ststaterunner build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I sold my 3x locked lx45o and got a 2002 4runner SR5 for my son he will be driving it this school year. This build has already its ups and downs from the start. Almost sold it due to my son not liking it . So I let time pass by ang let everything cool off. So after a month my son agreed to keep it . This build was started at T4R forum originally but almost sold the vehicle at that time then found this forum here so I just decided to start it here since I have my 3x Locked 94 LC build on this forum . So on with the build . 2002 Toyota 4Runner 224k miles 1owner. First thing first is I have to address the frame . The pass side rear lower control arm mount on the inside frame has weakened due to heat coz it's right where the muffler was. So I have a friend welded this thing out and btw he really did a good job and took time to grind that bad spot . Then did the timing belt , water pump , thermostat , all pulleys, drive builts.

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG
I noticed inside of the 4runner frame plate is thin my friend who welded it told me that the 4 runner frame is really a C frame type - means that the inside plate is only a cover and the outer plate together with the top and lower plate are really the main frame so that makes since I guess. Here's the pic of the welds.

So here she is after driving it 2 hours 1 way to JFK intl airport with family on board and 4 luggages she really did a good job on the load but I'll be putting an airlift bag on those rear coils .

IMG_1306.JPG

Nice sr5. The only problem with 3Rd gens is that they are getting old, and it usually rakes a bit to bring them back to square 1. How's the tranny fluid Look? It's easy to flush the fluid if it's dirty. One thing I recommend is bypass the stock built in the radiator Trans cooler and instead run a external aftermarket cooler to avoid the strawberry milkshake issue which I should have done but I was too late.

Nice sr5. The only problem with 3Rd gens is that they are getting old, and it usually rakes a bit to bring them back to square 1. How's the tranny fluid Look? It's easy to flush the fluid if it's dirty. One thing I recommend is bypass the stock built in the radiator Trans cooler and instead run a external aftermarket cooler to avoid the strawberry milkshake issue which I should have done but I was too late.
Thanks , took me a while to find this coz a lot of em out there are neglected this one has a hi mileage but believe me I've seen a lot of em in low miles but you can tell that it's been neglected and it jumped from one owner to another . The tranny cooler is my next but I'm not worried this time coz it has a new after market radiator . After that it's getting an rear e locker retro fit.