1st time toy owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
will 33x12.50x15 on 15x10 rims rub with an OME dakar springs setup for an fj60? any info appreciated...new to toyota from jeep after 8yrs.

Welcome. There is normally a search button that will lead you to lot's of discussions on tires and lift (and an amazing amount of cool info on everything related to your 60), but I think it's temporarily out of service.

You should be fine with that set-up, although many guys prefer 8" rims with 12.50's because it supposedly holds a bead better.

I have a BDS lift, which should be similar to the Dakar in height and I run the same tire on 8" rims.

3.5" backspacing, or less, on the rims should let them clear the calipers and steering arms.

Last edited:
how long have you had the BDS lift? settling in nicely? happy overall or wish u'd gone OME?
nice grill btw - a project of mine hopefully soon.

Wolverine - welcome to the dark side! glad we could lure you away from the heeps...lol...j/k they aren't bad.
like Don said - watch your BS on the rims. I think the consensus is 8" is a good width for those tires.

welcome and good luck!

rob

sl33py said:
how long have you had the BDS lift? settling in nicely? happy overall or wish u'd gone OME?
nice grill btw - a project of mine hopefully soon.

Wolverine - welcome to the dark side! glad we could lure you away from the heeps...lol...j/k they aren't bad.
like Don said - watch your BS on the rims. I think the consensus is 8" is a good width for those tires.

welcome and good luck!

rob

My BDS isn't a good example to go by. I bought the springs used on ebay (great deal) and BDS didn't have any info on the model # I got off the springs so they may have been early prototypes? Between the previous owner and me, the springs should have around 10K miles on them. They are stiff, and the back rides a bit high when empty. Loaded, the stance and ride improve - but not a lot.

OME? I would love a set. But, I have less than 1/4 of the $$ in this lift, so I can't complain. I would go Dakar if I was looking for a new set-up. The grill looks good from far, but far from good. I didn't have the patience to remove all the loose plastichrome before painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom