1st Thread - Intro, and a token for you. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new, well, to this forum, well, as a member.... I decided to join to help repay the favors of all the information that's already helped me. My 100 came to me a year ago from a customer who just "no longer wanted it"... Initial cost was $0 dollars, but I've since spent about $3500 getting it to look and drive the way it does today. Much cleaning, interior reconditioning, fluids, seals, bearings, re-wiring, tires, axles, a battery, some body work and voila'! I have extensive mechanical experience and a little personal shop here in Omaha, but only a year into being a LC owner so I haven't met too many of you yet. The goal is to get it to Colorado this summer, and do some much needed escaping to no nowhere.

As a small token, if anyone is interested, I spent a few long hours splitting and reorganizing the PDF of the 100-series FSM I found on this site so all the pages are in order and clearly separated and searchable- so- yaknow - you can find stuff... I'm a firm believer that if you have a good manual, a well-sharpened hammer, and a seasoned roll of duct tape, you can repair anything. So, the manual is now all fixed up. If anyone needs it please let me know and I'll figure out how to get you what you need. Be patient with me, my forum skills are not stellar.

Also, a shout out to OTRAMM - found his Youtube channel while working on repairing the transmission harness. I picked up the phone and called him to ask a question - not only did he answer but wow, friendly and helpful. If this is the caliber of the people on here, I'm looking forward to getting deeper.

Cheers.

Welcome, yes there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that has helped me out as well. Ryan @OTRAMM is the man. He has worked on my cruiser and I'm sure he will again. Make sure to post some photos of your truck

x2 On posting the manual!!
Thanks!

Welcome, and thank you so much for your contribution!! Not surprised about the response from @OTRAMM, class act! I think you'll find that Cruiserheads are a bit of a breed apart, I've been in the Land Cruiser world most of my life and I'm still impressed with the way people come together to help each other out, and I've made wonderful, life long friendships!!

Hey guys - sorry for the delay. I'm a bit of a noob navigating the forum... stuff all over! LOL.. So yes, I have the FSM(s) (It's broken into sections as it is ENORMOUS) however I do not use DropBox or any other cloud service for me - not a fan of spewing data into the ether.

If someone well versed in the forum is willing to receive an email from me I can send them your way, so you can post it to your cloud so everyone can use it properly, I'd love that. Or point me to the forum place were this thing belongs, and I can work to get it up there.

It's split into 29 technical Sections, PLUS
- Auto Trans Manual
- Diagnostics Manual
- All wiring diagrams
- Collision manual

So 33 PDFs in all. The ONLY pages missing are pages 43 and 44 from the FUEL SYSTEM manual. If someone has these 2 pages I can re-compile the FS Section.

Be patient with my responses - but I will get to them.

Thanks!!

Also,I'm looking through the pics of my rig to get some posted.

IH8001.jpg
IH8003.jpg
IH8009.jpg
IH8011.jpg
IH8057.jpg

Hey guys - sorry for the delay. I'm a bit of a noob navigating the forum... stuff all over! LOL.. So yes, I have the FSM(s) (It's broken into sections as it is ENORMOUS) however I do not use DropBox or any other cloud service for me - not a fan of spewing data into the ether.

If someone well versed in the forum is willing to receive an email from me I can send them your way, so you can post it to your cloud so everyone can use it properly, I'd love that. Or point me to the forum place were this thing belongs, and I can work to get it up there.

It's split into 29 technical Sections, PLUS
- Auto Trans Manual
- Diagnostics Manual
- All wiring diagrams
- Collision manual

So 33 PDFs in all. The ONLY pages missing are pages 43 and 44 from the FUEL SYSTEM manual. If someone has these 2 pages I can re-compile the FS Section.

Be patient with my responses - but I will get to them.

Thanks!!

Also,I'm looking through the pics of my rig to get some posted.
Hello, appreciate the manual update, not seeing where it has been posted for member access though,could anyone please share.
thanks,

I love the carbon fiber interior wrap, great job! Any plans to cover the upper console?

I'm new, well, to this forum, well, as a member.... I decided to join to help repay the favors of all the information that's already helped me. My 100 came to me a year ago from a customer who just "no longer wanted it"... Initial cost was $0 dollars, but I've since spent about $3500 getting it to look and drive the way it does today. Much cleaning, interior reconditioning, fluids, seals, bearings, re-wiring, tires, axles, a battery, some body work and voila'! I have extensive mechanical experience and a little personal shop here in Omaha, but only a year into being a LC owner so I haven't met too many of you yet. The goal is to get it to Colorado this summer, and do some much needed escaping to no nowhere.

As a small token, if anyone is interested, I spent a few long hours splitting and reorganizing the PDF of the 100-series FSM I found on this site so all the pages are in order and clearly separated and searchable- so- yaknow - you can find stuff... I'm a firm believer that if you have a good manual, a well-sharpened hammer, and a seasoned roll of duct tape, you can repair anything. So, the manual is now all fixed up. If anyone needs it please let me know and I'll figure out how to get you what you need. Be patient with me, my forum skills are not stellar.

Also, a shout out to OTRAMM - found his Youtube channel while working on repairing the transmission harness. I picked up the phone and called him to ask a question - not only did he answer but wow, friendly and helpful. If this is the caliber of the people on here, I'm looking forward to getting deeper.

Cheers.
I would love a copy of the updated pdf. I was bummed to see how disorganized the original was.

I can host it on my website (I think).

If willing, please shoot me an email to admin@yotamd.com. I'd love to help make that accessible to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Bump...Any updates on this?

I want my token

I'm a firm believer that if you have a good manual, a well-sharpened hammer, and a seasoned roll of duct tape, you can repair anything.
Always need a good sweedish nut rounder and don't forget to wear your safety squints ;)

I'd much appreciate that manual. I printed out the 80 manual and realized it was all to mixed up after I picked it up at the print shop :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom