1st post 15 year fj40 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, thought id go ahead a join. i have been a long time lurker as i bought my cruiser on a whim after a trip to costa rica or tahiti {cant remember} sight unseen really off of ebay. It looked good enough, haha like lipstick on a pig. I was just so taken by them when i was on the trip that i had to have one and just jumped in. fast forward 15 years and i have made the decision to restore this pig. I even sold a fairly perfect 69 mach 1 mustang to fund it, there again not thinking the easiest thing to do would be just take that money and buy one already restored. But alas, im already in deep on this. I even bought Glen Beck's motor out of his fj. and a replacement tub out of Nevada. I will try to post picture as we move along. My main debate, and im sure its been covered 1,000 times is what color Blue to go with. this fj was originally white but the ebay seller had it painted { to cover all the rust and bondo} freeborn red. I love the red but want to do a change up and im looking at Horizon blue or maybe Gleam but i cant really tell which is which from computer shading. i went to my local ppg store and the sample of horizon 808 more blue grey to my eyes and gleam comes off to white blue. what can you guys help with this matter
Screen shot 2020-03-31 at 3.11.34 PM.png

Screen shot 2020-03-31 at 3.10.55 PM.png

I do like that blue, but she’s yours and whatever color you choose will be the best!
I also sold a mustang to fund my 40!

Any pics available of your rig ?

So, are you happy with this buy or do you regret it ?
[/QUOT
So, are you happy with this buy or do you regret it ?
Just to clarify the picture of the blue fj is not mine. It is a reference to a color that i want to paint my red fj when i complete my body off frame resto. Im very well happy with it but the school of thought that i was having was that i should have taken the money and just bought a 2nd fj already fully restored and then had 2. - one a garage queen and the other a trail warrior

Just to clarify the picture of the blue fj is not mine. It is a reference to a color that i want to paint my red fj when i complete my body off frame resto. Im very well happy with it but the school of thought that i was having was that i should have taken the money and just bought a 2nd fj already fully restored and then had 2. - one a garage queen and the other a trail warrior

Well, since FJ40's are getting rarer and rarer, I suppose just having one is a pleasure. Also, I did not know Glenn Beck had an FJ40 and why did he sell his motor. Please do not tell me he did a 350 conversion.

Well, since FJ40's are getting rarer and rarer, I suppose just having one is a pleasure. Also, I did not know Glenn Beck had an FJ40 and why did he sell his motor. Please do not tell me he did a 350 conversion.
i dont really know why he sold it because it had already been rebuilt it came out of idaho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom