1st Gen Taco LCA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The lower control arm bushings on my old Taco are shot and it's starting to affect ride quality. Has anyone done this job? When I had it in for allignment some time ago, I was told that it was a $900 job because the arms were not available and the bushings would have to be replaced instead of replacing the arms, this doesn't compute.

Anyway, I can buy new arms or just the bushings. Other than cost, is there an advantage to one approach over the other?

I'd go with the complete units which are readily available. I tried to do the bushing route and it was a pain, had to get creative with the torch, press and air chisel... Not worth the savings IMO... But if your not doing the work and its cheaper for just bushings then who cares. The only difference is shiny painted metal

I'd go with the complete units which are readily available. I tried to do the bushing route and it was a pain, had to get creative with the torch, press and air chisel... Not worth the savings IMO... But if your not doing the work and its cheaper for just bushings then who cares. The only difference is shiny painted metal

This. I did the same thing years ago and swapped every bushing on the suspension in one night. Never again.

I'm not looking forward to it either way, there's just enough corrosion to make removing every bolt a biatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom