1st gen 4runner rear window pwr antenna prob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I broke the power antenna mast and can't seem to get the mast out of the power antenna motor, I thought after removing the mast I could run the antenna up and the plastic cable would feed out the motor; however, when it gets to the end of the cable it seems to be connected to the motor. Do I have to get into the motor to diconnect and reconnect the new one? Also, when putting the rear window up it goes part way and then stops, it takes about 3 times with reseting the key to get it all the way up. would this be a switch or resistor problem and were are they located? Thanks

i didnt have the power antenna so not sure......the rear windows on first gen 4runners are a PITA

every one i have ever seen was broken in some way.....on my 85 the track fell out of the gate and i went with a soft top......on my uncles 88 he eliminated the motor and converted it to homebrew redneck manual

goodluck brother

Also, when putting the rear window up it goes part way and then stops, it takes about 3 times with reseting the key to get it all the way up. would this be a switch or resistor problem and were are they located? Thanks
Does it stop at random spots or always the same spots? If random, suspect old motor or electrical. If the same spots, suspect binding points in the lift mechanism.

I had a rear window that would stop at the same spot, it was random when it would do it though. I eventually got fed up and tore the tailgate apart, it was a broken wire in the cable to the motor. It would get to a certain position and the break would open up and kill the power to the motor.

I had a rear window that would stop at the same spot, it was random when it would do it though. I eventually got fed up and tore the tailgate apart, it was a broken wire in the cable to the motor. It would get to a certain position and the break would open up and kill the power to the motor.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but was too lazy to write..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom