1st gen 4runner inclinometer. Any repair the faceplate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an inclinometer for my 1st gen 4runner and want to restore or replace the faceplate. The printed sticker on the backside of the plate is peeling from the plastic.
Thinking I might be able to inject a glue into the veins that’s peeling away but that could lead to a bigger mess.
I might be answering my own question here but I’m leaning towards copying the graphics and having it printed out.
In that case, would anyone be interested in that?

I have an inclinometer for my 1st gen 4runner and want to restore or replace the faceplate. The printed sticker on the backside of the plate is peeling from the plastic.
Thinking I might be able to inject a glue into the veins that’s peeling away but that could lead to a bigger mess.
I might be answering my own question here but I’m leaning towards copying the graphics and having it printed out.
In that case, would anyone be interested in that?

I was just looking into this today, did you ever do anything with this?

I was just looking into this today, did you ever do anything with this?
No not yet. I was talking with a guy pre-Covid that ended going full force into making face masks.
i have an illustrator file with art to size for the faceplate. I just need to get it to find the right person to cut and print on some glass or plastic.
Some people have printed out over head projector film and used that.

I have an inclinometer face plate with the exact same issue. Hasn’t occurred to me yet but I found this guy, toyota4low on eBay who sells reproduction stickers and decals. Like anything you want he can make. He made me some amazing replica coil igniter decals based off just a picture I sent him. I’m sure he can do this!

No not yet. I was talking with a guy pre-Covid that ended going full force into making face masks.
i have an illustrator file with art to size for the faceplate. I just need to get it to find the right person to cut and print on some glass or plastic.
Some people have printed out over head projector film and used that.

You really don't need the plastic lens, the original silk screen can be removed very easily to where its just a plain piece of plastic. Then you would just need to install the decal. I may try this myself i have been researching it and am familiar with the over head film method, i have a book of sheets for it.

I have an inclinometer face plate with the exact same issue. Hasn’t occurred to me yet but I found this guy, toyota4low on eBay who sells reproduction stickers and decals. Like anything you want he can make. He made me some amazing replica coil igniter decals based off just a picture I sent him. I’m sure he can do this!

Unfortunately he said he can't do it, I already contacted him today. I also contacted another person that does decal replicas BL Vinyl on Etsy and FB 1st Gen 4runner Mafia group. They said they contemplated it but because of the plastic needed to do it decided against it. I don't think they realize you can remove the original silk screen very easily.

You really don't need the plastic lens, the original silk screen can be removed very easily to where its just a plain piece of plastic. Then you would just need to install the decal. I may try this myself i have been researching it and am familiar with the over head film method, i have a book of sheets for it.

Unfortunately he said he can't do it, I already contacted him today. I also contacted another person that does decal replicas BL Vinyl on Etsy and FB 1st Gen 4runner Mafia group. They said they contemplated it but because of the plastic needed to do it decided against it. I don't think they realize you can remove the original silk screen very easily.
I give up, how does the silkscreen come off? Heat?

Alcohol, Acetone or Thinner. If you use acetone or thinner you need to be very careful not to melt the plastic. Some of the Toyota gauges have a green layer on them. I wanted my gauges to be white in my Pickup so i actually sanded off the green

Here is what some of the faces look like

7DB7FF9B-74D2-4964-B349-AEDF67FF96DF.jpeg

27D929EF-6AFD-4FEC-8639-B5EC750BD805.jpeg

I’ve got one scanned it’sa little trickier them I thought it had to be done in layers in order to allow light to illuminate what it needs to still working on it

Never found a place to redo the face. I sold my inclinometer recently but i'm looking into getting some of these faces made up.

there is vendor that reproduced the faceplate.... hes on facebook..... name slipped me right now LOL

there is vendor that reproduced the faceplate.... hes on facebook..... name slipped me right now LOL
I've looked for everything on toyota and inclinometer on there and nothing. I'm on a bunch of groups and don't remember ever seeing anything about this. If you come across him please share the info. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom