That sounds super cool! I have been noodling on the idea of a removable center console for the second row seats. We have two girls and it would be great for them to have on road trips, etc. but I don’t want to lose the functionality of the three place bench. Similar with cup holder’s, chargers, etc. Look forward to what your console will look like.Skids Project Update - Closing the books for now.
For now, the skids project is done. I was planning to run a small batch of them, but overall the cost to produce them is too high, and after running the numbers, it doesn't seem viable to run for a reasonable price. Too much risk and liability for a few bucks.
But I'm very happy that I got to get my V1 set, but may look at doing a V2 set with some updated elements, and then selling the set I have off.
For now, I'll close the book, and work on some other projects.
Light Bracket Project
I recently bought a midland shortie antenna, and made a mockup for a light bracket that can be installed on the passenger side. It'll be made from 3/16" 5052.
Did a test fit, but it needs a few updates to it to make it perfect fitment.
View attachment 2773633
Center Console Project!
One of my biggest gripes with the Sequoia is the non-flat center console top, low wall cup holders, non-dividing center console compartment, and the weird shaped "tray" closer to the dash. The whole thing is basically a mess for space optimization.
I'll be making a new center console out of aluminum or steel that also has compartments to get a little more organized.
One of which will be the Midland Headunit. Got it scanned and I'm very excited to get started on this project.
Some Features I'll be getting into this:
1. Locking center console
2. Flat Top on Console
3. Taller Wall Cup Holders
4. Side Molle Panels for extra stuff.
5. Dividers for the Center Console
6. Dedicated slot for Midland MXT400 (via adapter).
7. Some type of 3D Printed Coin Tray.
8. Interior 12v (charging items inside the center console, like a headlamp or m12 battery).
9. Light interior for console itself.
10. A way to integrate the current HVAC controls for rear + power window + heat seat switches.
11. Center Console Upper Tray Organizer (like from amazon); Example
View attachment 2773640
12. Triple Drink holders for the Rear (because there are 3 seats, but only 2 cup holders?!
Very excited to get this going. Just need to scan in my winch controller so I can make a slot for it and then take the center console apart to scan it.
View attachment 2773634