1st Blackstone report at 183K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally sent in my first Blackstone sample at 183,000 miles and am happy and surprised at the results. The sample was on a 3,000 mile change using Delo 15w-40.

This was the final flush on an Auto Rx treatment so I expected much higher levels of contamination resulting from the flush. With this many miles and the original HG I was concerned about coolant in the oil. I have changed back to Rotella 5w-40 and will now send a sample in with every oil change to monitor.
Blackstone report.JPG

Nice! Ready for Baja! :D

Funny you should say that Kevin. With Baja summer surf season around the corner I wanted to sanity check the possibility of HG failure while down there.

Funny you should say that Kevin. With Baja summer surf season around the corner I wanted to sanity check the possibility of HG failure while down there.

Please do NOT get a false sense of security with a simple Blackstone report.

I sent in an oil sample to Blackstone about 6 months before i sold my truck. It was my second sample, as i sent one in as soon as i got the truck.

Report caming back stating it was one of the nicest samples they have ever gotten from an LC, no signs of wear, i should have it for 300k, bla bla bla.

Well, the guy i sold my truck to had the HG done are PM before a big trip and it was a good thing, as the mechanic said it was just about to let got and had maybe 2-3K on it!!! I saw the gasket as proof!

Not trying to scare ya or anything, but i dont want ya having a false sense of security down there!

I would never use just a Blackstone report as a sign of a healthy HG, I hope it did not sound that way.

Over the last several months I have replaced the radiator, fan cluth, water pump, and T-Stat as PM for the summer months. I talked to John at SDT about doing the HG as PM and had a good conversation that resulted in a monitoring stance for now.

I am keeping enough funds set aside to get it done at the first sign of failure.

I would never use just a Blackstone report as a sign of a healthy HG, I hope it did not sound that way.

Over the last several months I have replaced the radiator, fan cluth, water pump, and T-Stat as PM for the summer months. I talked to John at SDT about doing the HG as PM and had a good conversation that resulted in a monitoring stance for now.

I am keeping enough funds set aside to get it done at the first sign of failure.

Good Man!

NOW, for the real important stuff: When are we heading South? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom