1st annual Copper State Cruisers Pot Luck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

medtro said:
Are we doing BBQ now?

Being that Phil's place "crapped" out on us, it seems to me that the "pot luck" format is gonna have to change a bit. Our first thoughts were to have a "pic-nic" type of event at a local park. I really could care less. The idea was to have an event that would give the families, even the ones who don't like to wheel, a chance to get out with evryone and meet the other better halves and kids that put up with our obsessions. Hell this was originally supposed to be the club's Christmas party... so much for that one. How about we say screw it and just wheel instead.

Wheeling is always fine with me if the cruiser is done by then.

Oh, forgot the most important thing, what date are we talking about now? And if we are there, I could ask Michael to bring his famous ribs...........

BMAN said:
Being that Phil's place "crapped" out on us, it seems to me that the "pot luck" format is gonna have to change a bit. Our first thoughts were to have a "pic-nic" type of event at a local park. I really could care less. The idea was to have an event that would give the families, even the ones who don't like to wheel, a chance to get out with evryone and meet the other better halves and kids that put up with our obsessions. Hell this was originally supposed to be the club's Christmas party... so much for that one. How about we say screw it and just wheel instead.

We could do a light trail run with a dinner at the end. That way we could get a lot of family involvement. I have two dutch oven and will pledge them to the project. If we have more than 15 people we will need more ovens though. We can do something basic or complex depending on taste. I will need a few helpers if we have a lot of people.
Trail suggestions would be Devils Canyon and end (dinner) at Oak Flat campground.

desertdude said:
Club potluck xmas party for 2006 should be able to set a date and a place this far in advance ;)

Your kidding right? By Dec. that thread would be 10K posts with every conceivable date time and place! :D

So THAT'S where all my wonderful insights into modern day life go! I thought I broke the Internet!

BMAN said:
... How about we say screw it and just wheel instead.

brittan said:
We could do a light trail run with a dinner at the end...

Michael and I will be in PHX on the 11th, and we plan to be on SOME trail on Saturday for sure. If not if the FJ40 (absolutely no rush, Kevin, that wasn't the intent of this post), then in the K5. We found that pre-cooked BBQ ribs wrapped in foil warm up very well on the intake, cat, or exhaust - done this before at EJS, w/ 6 racks of spareribs (not all in one vehicle ;)), worked really well :cool:. So the idea of a mild trail run w/ picnic/dinner sounds good; if this is something people are interested in, Michael would need some sort of headcount for the preparation :beer:.

Next question is location; we could always bounce around the Rolls and end up at Butcher Jones, but that may be less attractive for you permanent residents of the Valley than for us snowbirds.

But in any case, we intend to go 'wheeling on that particular weekend :bounce: :bounce2:; just for anyone interested be advised that there's that ugly blue GMC that might be contaminating the 'Cruiser experience again! :grinpimp: And for more Sheetmetal gang fun, Michael is going to Florence on Sunday with a few more K5s, PM me for details if interested.

Barring any disasters, I see no problem with wheeling the 40 on the 11th. The right side will be done and the box gusset will be on the left side, much stronger than it's ever been. :cheers:

One of the coves would be a good place for a picnic, we would need to meet somewhere (Baja gas station?) and go in together, there is about a billion roads out there!

I am in...Let me know if you want me to bring a dutch oven to warm things up in or I can make potatos, bread, side dish...what ever.

I have a wedding to attend on the 11th but would still be willing to pitch in with something. I guess it also depends on the time. I would be able to attend an evening event.

I have a wedding to attend also, so I'm good for an afternoon thing as long as work doesn't conflict with any of this.

BMT who do you know that is getting married, especially an AM wedding... very strange time to have a wedding on the same date, don't you think?

Damnit....I planned both my weddings on the same day!

This will never work!!!

So....when where and do I need to bring anything. If I need to bring anything I will need numbers. I am looking forward to this, even though I won't be bringing my 80. My Taco has been limping along for a while and all my parts com in on Wednesday.

Yeah - has anything been figured out yet?

The "potluck" seems to have turned into some wheeling with "maybe" soem food at the end of the trail. I am good with a run out to the coves. I will have to have the wife follow me out to Butcher Jones in the Taco where we can load her and the kids into the 40 for the rest of the day. I will bring a something to share at the end of the trail with anyone who comes out. Let's firm up a meeting place and time.

BMAN said:
I will bring a something to share at the end of the trail with anyone who comes out. Let's firm up a meeting place and time.

Kevin suggested Baja Gas station, right side off of Beeline on the Fort McDowell Indian reservation. This is the closest gas station to the coves.

We will bring ribs for all. We will also bring plates and flatware. A headcount would be helpful.

For those who may not have been to "The Rolls/The Coves": this can be as mild as you want (sandy washes) or more challenging as there are plenty of play spots that consist of steeper climbs, loose gravel, big holes and whoop-de-doos. Not too much brush but some pinstriping is possible. If you park at Butcher Jones, there is a fee, I think $4; passing through doesn't cost.

I'm in. I'll be bringing 1 more with me, and possibly a friend with a Jeep (he's a good guy, regardless) and maybe more I'll let ya know.

So... that's 2 for sure.

I will bring fixens for a peach cobbler. I need to know numbers too...
If someone has a fridge I'd like the cobbler to be alamode so let me know if you are agreeable to housing ice cream for the group.
There will be two in my group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom