1kzte loud knocking. struggling to start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HELP. I hav problem with with land cruiser Colorado 3.0L. the engine is struggling to start with a lot of grey n black smoke, with it does start for a second there is a loud knock/rattle on revs, then in stalls

In addition to what I said on the 90 forum, I would bleed the fuel lines and injectors. Check that the timing belt is on its marks.
To be honest , I don't think that will help, but they must be eliminated.

How many klms has the injection pump and engine done?

Theres some pretty good videos on youtube on how to service and clean your injectors. I am contemplating doing mine.

I did my own injectors recently, and while it's simple in principle, I would definitely not recommend it to anyone who is not technically/mechanically competent. It is really pretty tricky to get them right. And you most certainly need a pop tester. I've been meaning to do a write up on it but just have not had the time. But if anyone here decides to do their own, drop me a PM and I'll give you a lot of tips.

To the OP, I second checking the timing belt. If it's straight up loud and then dies, it's probably a timing issue. Old belts can loose a tooth or two and would explain your issue. Could also be your spill control valve in the head of the injection pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom