1HZ w/ H55f 5spd in fj-80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know the 1HZ w/ the H55f 5spd will fit into the 40, 60, and 70 series, but will it fit into the 80 series. Does the H55f work with the 80 series, or does it need a different tranny? Has anyone done one of these?

Thanks for the help,

Michael

I know the 1HZ w/ the H55f 5spd will fit into the 40, 60, and 70 series, but will it fit into the 80 series. Does the H55f work with the 80 series, or does it need a different tranny? Has anyone done one of these?

Thanks for the help,

Michael

As far as I know it's an easier converion into an 80 than into a 60. I know it's been done at least once. I think the engine mounts might line right up. Get the HZ w/H55 together. Bob

More than motor mount you need to keep in mind the H55F and H150/151 manual trannys that come factory in 80 series don't share tcases.

the 80 has been sold from the factory with the 1HZ accordign to this list I was passed on...
http://cc.oulu.fi/~thu/LC/tech/history.html
I have been told that no welding is required (as with a 60) and the engine will bolt directly in. There are different "arms" that bolt to the block and mounts, but they can be found. The alt. and starter can be re-built to run on 12V so the electronics in the rig can remain.... I'm just getting geared up for just such a swap so I'll post up as I go...

And a clutch pedal box.....

guenther, I thought you were planning on a swap into a 40?

Oh, and unless Michael has another 1HZ-T up his sleeve, I just bought this motor, so lets talk HZ-FJ60 swap :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Deserves its own thread;) See old posts by VT cruiser

I was gona wait till I had the motor in hand and could post some pictures, I know how short everyones attention span is. :D

I have been reading every thread with 1HZ in it so that hopefully my questions will be semi intelligent when the time comes. Stay tuned, should get the motor next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom