1hz slow prime at startup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I have recently rebuilt 1hz and completed 10000ks. I have noticed after the last service the motor takes about 6 to 8 seconds before the oil pressure light turns off. I have replaced the sender unit but made no difference. I have fitted a digital oil pressure guage and it shows 12 psi when the light turns off at 6 to 8 second mark. Cold motor has 70 to 76 psi at idle drops to 20 psi at idle when at full temp. Holds around 30 to 35 psi at 100ks in 5 th gear. Has anyone had similar issues.

Hi I have recently rebuilt 1hz and completed 10000ks. I have noticed after the last service the motor takes about 6 to 8 seconds before the oil pressure light turns off. I have replaced the sender unit but made no difference. I have fitted a digital oil pressure guage and it shows 12 psi when the light turns off at 6 to 8 second mark. Cold motor has 70 to 76 psi at idle drops to 20 psi at idle when at full temp. Holds around 30 to 35 psi at 100ks in 5 th gear. Has anyone had similar issues.
What brand is your oil filter, what weight oil have you got in the engine, and what's your location for temperature reference please

Sakura filter. Castrol super diesel 15w/40 Maryborough Qld 24deg today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom