1HZ motor mount isolator contacting the block... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm mocking up mounting bracketry for placing a 1HZ into a 60 and have encountered a surprise - the left mounting isolator is contacting the bottom lip of the block when things are tightened down

I have frame side brackets and isolators #12361-17040 from Cruiser Brothers @orangefj45 and I ordered HZJ7x series block side brackets from partsouq. The left side bracket is 12315-17021 which showed as replacement for NLA 12315-17020

Engine is from a mid 90's 80 series out of Europe

edit, as I look at this a little more partsouq lists the correct isolator for a hzj7x series as 12361-17020 vs the 12361-17040 Cruiser Brothers sent

Any thoughts on whats going on here?
20210711_150605.jpg
20210713_150621.jpg

Is it possible that the mounts are upside down?!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Is it possible that the mounts are upside down?!

no I don't think possible because each side of isolators has a different size locating "pin" that matches hole size in the respective frame or block side bracket... tried to capture in this pic. btw the block bracket shown in the pic on the right is the left side that came on the engine for 80 series (=too long)

appreciate anyone's help on this...
20210714_130625.jpg

Anyone else have info or thoughts on this? Texted with George - he's out of pocket and unable to help until Tuesday...

The 1HZ rubber mount looks like the ones Ive used on 7* series
12361-17020

Last edited:
This looks like the ones I have used on HZJ7*

1626336810117.png

Thanks Rosco - from the picture you posted it appears that 12361-17020 would fit since the "bottom" as oriented in the picture does not have the protruding 90 deg bend like the other sides and that's where the 12361-17040 is contacting the block.

I'll see if I can round up a 12361-17020 or a quick aftermarket copy to confirm... big surprise if @orangefj45 Cruiser Brothers sent the wrong part

from the picture you posted it appears that 12361-17020 would fit since the "bottom" as oriented in the picture does not have the protruding 90 deg bend like the other sides

That's what I noticed as soon as I saw your pics

Looks like you’ll need the 12361-17020 mounts.
I believe my sakes manager Roark reached out to you?
Sorry im
Still out of town but will be back at the shop tomorrow.

Looks like you’ll need the 12361-17020 mounts.
I believe my sakes manager Roark reached out to you?
Sorry im
Still out of town but will be back at the shop tomorrow.
yes Roarke responded to an email I sent you guys hoping to get something going faster than having to wait until tuesday when you are back in action. He confirmed that you didnt have any of the 12361-17020 in stock, nor could get quickly so I went ahead and sourced them from another vendor... will have in hand tomorrow (mon).

Curious how you guys sent me incorrect parts given the application is using your custom 1hz into 60 mounts but I guess sometimes mistakes just happen. I trust you'll be refund my purchase costs and send me a label or something to return these incorrect ones to you.

yes Roarke responded to an email I sent you guys hoping to get something going faster than having to wait until tuesday when you are back in action. He confirmed that you didnt have any of the 12361-17020 in stock, nor could get quickly so I went ahead and sourced them from another vendor... will have in hand tomorrow (mon).

Curious how you guys sent me incorrect parts given the application is using your custom 1hz into 60 mounts but I guess sometimes mistakes just happen. I trust you'll be refund my purchase costs and send me a label or something to return these incorrect ones to you.

Yes, clearly a typo on our behalf ….. my apologies for the mistake.
We have more mounts on the way from Japan.
Roark will be sending you a return label to ship the incorrect parts back to us. Once they’ve Bern received you’ll receive a 100% refund immediately.
Again, sorry about the hassle.

FYI
the late model mount is 12361-17091 for hzj7x series. $10 cheaper in UAE via amayama.

correct parts make all the difference... this is an aftermarket version of 12361-17020
20210720_090342.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom