1HZ Fuel Pump once again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
ardnez.com
So i tried performing this portion of the fuel injection pump removal but as i turned the nut left to remove it, the pin on camshaft no2 + crank shaft moved but the camshaft pulley no1 still set to BDC, did i mess up? )~:

3B402548-3CF1-4400-BA75-033F3F91E8A4.jpeg

909489D6-4F55-43FF-BF7D-75DAC13464B4.jpeg

When you go to button things up again, just follow the manual for timing everything up again from scratch, then you know you will be safe. You either need to get SST 09330-000211 to hold the pump from turning when you loosen that nut, OR improvise a tool with some steel bar stock and a hole drilled into it to put a bolt through.

Don't worry, you have not irreversibly ruined anything! :cheers:

When you go to button things up again, just follow the manual for timing everything up again from scratch, then you know you will be safe. You either need to get SST 09330-000211 to hold the pump from turning when you loosen that nut, OR improvise a tool with some steel bar stock and a hole drilled into it to put a bolt through.

Don't worry, you have not irreversibly ruined anything! :cheers:
So i got the tool, but do i need the hub aka pulley holder to use the flange companion correct? because there seems to be no way to hook it on

So i got the tool, but do i need the hub aka pulley holder to use the flange companion correct? because there seems to be no way to hook it on
Hi Ardnez,
Yes, you need to loosen the gear set nut FIRST with a holding tool like in your first posted picture before you can use a crankshaft pully to remove the pump. I am not sure what that tool is that you are showing... it looks like that pully holder could bolt onto the pully if the bolt holes line up and you can get your socket into the middle to remove the nut. Like I said earlier though, you can get away with some flat stock steel and drill a hole into it to put a nut through and have it rest against either your socket or the nub that sticks out of the flange to hold it still so you can loosen the nut. Or get the actual SST they are showing in the first pic you posted.

I hope that makes sense... 🤪

haha i feel like it makes sense then i get stuck. so i got the flange tool, i used camshaft no2 pulley bolt to attach it and then while i hold it i have wrench trying to break it loose going counter clock wise, is this the correct method?

ED1CBD03-C60E-43AC-8C2F-6B65AAAC0140.jpeg

That looks right. Does the SST have a hole that captures the little dowel pin on the pulley flange? If it just braces against the dowel pin you'll have to reverse the orientation of the SST to be able to counter hold the flange while loosening the nut. I haven't used that particular tool before, when I helped my brother pull his 1HD-T pump we just made a tool out of some scrap steel.

That looks right. Does the SST have a hole that captures the little dowel pin on the pulley flange? If it just braces against the dowel pin you'll have to reverse the orientation of the SST to be able to counter hold the flange while loosening the nut. I haven't used that particular tool before, when I helped my brother pull his 1HD-T pump we just made a tool out of some scrap steel.
when i got the tool i thought that was the case but no, the dowel pin is tiny in comparison to the hole on the flange tool, the only way i could find to attach the tool was using camshaft pulley no2 screws, its no longer moving but damn, the nut is stuck good, still struggling equally wtf

Are you going to get the pump service or rebuild? I am curious where to send mine once I build my engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom