1Hz cooked BEBs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1hz # 1,2 and 3 big end bearings cooked and ended up like alfoil. There is no damage to the bores or pistons and the cam is fine. The journals on the crank are badly scored and some of the main bearing caps have miner scoring. It got hot going up hill and am left wondering what happened? The oil level was fine, with a full radiator. The odometer says 380,000 klm. The # 1 BE journal is badly damaged. I've got my hands on another 1HZ with 330,000 on it which is running fine. I was thinking of taking the sump off and changing the BEBs ? Is this necessary?

I took my bebs out at 250000klm, they were like new. This was from an outback road construction 75 series. The 1HD T get BEB problems related to fuel delivery, 1HZs dont get the same BEB problem
1HZs are fairly honest, if it starts and runs normally and makes no smoke, its good.
And you can always do the BEB with the engine in place

Cheers for the info Rosco. I was just on the phone to my son. I bought the 80 from him. It came from a deceased estate and when he drove it around it was blowing a lot of smoke so he took it to a diesel shop and they told him the pump was from a turbo model and it had a boost compensator fitted. They put a new 1HZ pump on and it ran fine. So it looks like a turbo was previously fitted to it and the seller took it off and put it back to original minus the pump before my son got it. This might explain the condition of the BEBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom