1hz bubbling in overflow and leaking from overflow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what’s happening is it’s pumping water from my radiator to my overflow then leaking out of my overflow and also bubbling in there I replaced the rad rad cap thermostat had a tk test done not a cracked head apparently they sent very accurate anyway so took it an old boi who said u would smell the fuel in the diesel couldn’t smell anything nor was there crazy pressure in the top hose can’t be water pump it’s not a circulation problem and it’s also not leaking nor is it actually overheating my temp gauge reads fine and if it was overheating would be steam etc coming from my overflow I don’t think it’s the fan either cause again it’s not actually overheating but there’s a chance it could I’m gonna swap my fan with my mates and see what’s happens but I’m not hopeful I’ve had so many different people look at it no one can tell me a straight answer any info would be much appreciated cheers

The TK tests are nearly worthless in my opinion.. if you've got bubbling in the radiator and coolant is being pushed out then the head is coming off for a look.

Does it happen all the time or only hills etc? Still cool here, so the coolant system is not overloaded.
They tend to find their own level, so if you fill them right to the top they will pump a bit into the bottle. The bubbles are worrisome and I tend to agree with duncanrm on the head.

You could try a 3rd rad cap just in case your replacement was bad.

I had a Mitsubishi ute that did the same, pretty sure the head was cracked, but I never checked. I drove it for 6 months like that, I’d tip the overflow back into the rad everyday before driving home from work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom